Home Technical Talk

Zbrush Center Model

tweekedgirl
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
tweekedgirl polycounter lvl 4
Not quite sure of the best way to describe what I'm trying to do, as when I google this I only get results from people who have imported models from external programs.

Basically, I'm creating a model in Zbrush using Zspheres and now when I shift snap to front/side ect the model is at awkward angles. Is there an easy to way to reposition the model so that it is 'central'?

Replies

• cryrid
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Not quite sure of the best way to describe what I'm trying to do
    Hello there,
    pictures always help explain things.

If I'm understanding it correctly though, you could try rotating the model using Tools: Deformations: Rotate. Turning off perspective should help you align it easier.
  • Hang10
    Or hit F to focus on the subject :s
  • tweekedgirl
    Offline / Send Message
    tweekedgirl polycounter lvl 4
    Thanks for the replies,

I hadn't done much in the way of modelling so I restarted ensuring that I had symmetry turned on when I created the armature, and all's well now.

I'll keep the other suggestions in mind though incase I come across this again :)
  • cryrid
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    (F is 'Fit Mesh to View'; it doesn't rotate a model, only frames it to fit the document size. Think more of a cube that has been rotated 45' so that the corners are facing the camera. Snapping uses 90' increments, so you'd have to rotate the mesh in order for snapping to see the sides of the cube).

Edit: I see you restarted, so I'll edit out the irrelevant bit of this post. Cheers; keeping symmetry on at the start is a good habit to get into :)