Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Looking for an item/environment modeler, rigger, and animator.

I'm a representative from a project that is working on a crowdfunded 3-D RPG of high quality.

We have done one test fundraiser and made over 6000USD. What we need now is enough material to make a test level so that we can do a much larger scale fundraiser.

We have a top industry quality 3-D model who will debut in this tester, and we'd like an environment to match.

We do pay for high-quality work, but we need to make a video for our newest fundraiser first. The money from that fundraiser will go to completing full environmental concepts, monster concepts, programming, and everything else.

What we need is someone who can help us complete all the necessary bits for the tester. The tester will essentially be a level of the game, done on a more limited scale to show our funders what we can do.

We need some buildings, perhaps some basic floors/walls for dungeons, and maybe a few special plants here and there. Largely, the buildings and the dungeon would be necessary.

The work should match our model's design, and needs hand-painted textures.

Here are some images from production to wet your palettes and see what you're working with:

tumblr_lxr951M3Pf1r8n4rao1_1280.png
tumblr_m1mesv4Xc11r8n4rao1_1280.jpg
tumblr_lze9yo0fTR1r8n4rao1_r1_1280.jpg
tumblr_m07ji4CFGp1r8n4rao1_1280.png
tumblr_m1pgfrKdDg1r8n4rao1_1280.png
tumblr_m3uwxcnqYb1r8n4rao1_1280.png
zo6ik1.jpg
a4wizp.jpg

And some unfinished concepts:

x6d2s6.png
sg1reo.png

And some images of the low poly version of the model:
tumblr_m5h26vkJPf1r8n4rao1_1280.jpg
tumblr_m59nmcO4A01r8n4rao1_400.png
mjy0lj.jpg

Please email thearkhproject@gmail if you're interested in helping us out!

Replies

• juguefre
    Offline / Send Message
    juguefre polycounter lvl 11
    shippou9 wrote: »

We do pay for high-quality work, but we need to make a video for our newest fundraiser first. The money from that fundraiser will go to completing full environmental concepts, monster concepts and programming.

Excuse me, are you saying that the money is for the 2D artists and the programers ONLY???? and the 3D artist should work for free meanwhile......
  • shippou9
    No, the only things that will be done for free are a couple of animations and a couple of items, and whatever volunteer work we get. Some of our 2-D work so far is volunteer, but not all of it.

We haven't decided whether to just do one more fundraiser, or two. If we continue with the plan of doing two, the third one will be to fund 3-D art of high quality. We're looking for tester items right now.
  • shippou9
    Got someone to make the models; still need a rigger and animator. Here are updated images of the 3-D model in progress.

tumblr_m46duisBHj1r8n4rao1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_m46duisBHj1r8n4rao2_1280.jpg
  • Dmi3
    That is very impressive concept art.
    I'm animator and I also can make the rig for the character.
    Since I'm in search for a job right now and have a lot of free time on my hands, I would like to do some volunteer rigging and animation for you. I could use some extra works in my portfolio anyway. Please check my portfolio here http://dmi3animation.com/ and PM me if you are interested in my skills. Then we can discuss technical aspects.
  • shippou9
    Updated the original post with new needs and information. Please understand that this is volunteer work for now, but we can absolutely set a price for after the fundraiser is complete. We are aiming at this fundraiser pulling in approximately 250K, so we would like to show something heading toward that level of work. And of course, you could absolutely stay with us and work with us for pay after the fundraiser ends.
  • Sn1pe
    Offline / Send Message
    Sn1pe polycounter lvl 9
    I don't mean to derail this thread or anything like that but would you kindly clear up some of the controversy that's been floating around your project?

http://kotaku.com/5884133/the-arkh-project-is-creating-a-game-for-queer-people-of-color-and-everyone-else

At the bottom of this article it explains that there are people [the specific target audience especially] who are not fond of the project and it's developers' actions.
  • shippou9
    Most of the "controversy" with regards to the developers is only against a single individual of a group of twenty. As far as that in particular, we've found nothing but hearsay without proof. Legitimate critique has been addressed many times over by the group itself and other people on our site and those of people not affiliated with the project.

When it comes to being fond of the project itself, nothing can appease everyone even within a target market...there's really nothing that can be done about that.

On top of that, we have approximately 12,000 people who essentially are notified of every update we make, and in the last day alone we've increased that by another 500.