Home Technical Talk

Materials and colors to texture

I followed some tutorials on the internet on how to do that but i had no success using them because i was always stuck in a certain part of the tutorials and i couldnt understand how to continue. I also searched the forum for tutorials but i still had no luck in making a texture. I should explain what exactly i want to achieve. This is my model: v8Unb.png

My goal is to make a texture out of the materials, colors, shadows and lighting, and transfer it to a low poly model (Ive already made one in a different software and it has uv maps). I followed a tutorial by Joseph Drust ( the tut with the creature that has tentacles) which explained how to do that but i couldn't do it because i have to lower the subdivision level and i can't do that because it appears that my model doesn't have any subdivision levels.
Can i use the lowpoly model which i made in a different software with its own uv mapping instead of a low subdivision model with the mapping that Zbrush creates?

Replies

• Kurt Russell Fan Club
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kurt Russell Fan Club polycounter lvl 9
    Your image isn't working, you've got to link to the image using the direct link. If you want a better host than imageshack, use imgur.com

You can get that texture applied to your lowpoly using a bit of roundabout work. Unwrap the UVs for the highpoly model using one of the zbrush uv settings, then transfer color to UVs. You can then load up your highpoly in Max or Maya and apply the textures to the highpoly and bake them across to the low.
  • Esco
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Unfortunately i cannot unwrap the highpoly model. I tried that a few times but i always get an error or something like that. Could it be because the polycount is too high? I saw a tutorial which explained an easy way to bake the colors into textures by using "Col>Tex" and it makes GUV Tiles and then i bake them into a texture using xNormal, but that is available in an older Zbrush version only. What About all the details on the model and the MatCap/Material? How do i export those?

The image is now visible.