Home General Discussion

E3 2012 - Microsoft

Replies

• glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    I have to say from most of the game showings, this one was the strongest ones just in terms of content and sequence. People at treyarch should be proud of what they are doing so far.
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    You mean, Should've Started and Ended with Dance Central 3.
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 13
    no, i mean, the CONSTANT barking.

Oh, well yeah true, it gets annoying. But thats just how those games work, they're military inspired shooters, so orders are 90% of your reason to progress in them. Personally I feel it adds to the bombastic movie flavour of the games, though having some moron shout at me telling me what to do in say, Skyrim, yeah that would get old FAST.
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    Bioshock at least made fun of it and had fun with it. My arguement is that why call this a game?
    the constant barking of orders at every other step you take is lame, man! what happened to thinking on your own? what happened to challenge? I know the initial starting point of a quest, is an order. But, not every single other thing.
  • brandoom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    brandoom polycounter lvl 13
    call me biased but I thought Splinter Cell looked awesome - gameplay/movement was fluid and seamless. Really nice.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    I agree... splinter cell was exciting. I really disliked that commercial dance break. That was embarrassing.
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    new halo
    new call of duty
    new gears of war
    new forza
    new resident evil
    new tomb raider
    new madden
    new fifa
    new dance central
    new fable
    new splinter cell

what about new AAA franchises!?
  • Scizz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scizz polycounter lvl 11
    I dont like the direction they've been going with Splinter Cell since Chaos Theory. They need to bring back the CORE stealth game play, and not the action. I don't remember Sam running around shooting shit...
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 13
    Bioshock at least made fun of it and had fun with it. My arguement is that why call this a game?
    the constant barking of orders at every other step you take is lame, man! what happened to thinking on your own? what happened to challenge? I know the initial starting point of a quest, is an order. But, not every single other thing.

Well, why is Football Manager a game? Nomatter how many orders you are given in CoD, it's up to the player to progress through a mission, it's up to the players skill to complete it too, depending on the difficulty of it. It's interactive and entertaining, hence it's a game.
  • Shiniku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    I guess probably because it's something you play for the purpose of having fun or for the sake of competition?

I'm not the biggest fan of military shooters, but they're still games.
  • Gestalt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gestalt polycounter lvl 11
    Lots of heavily scripted gameplay, quick time events, derivative shooter sequels, hardly any ip's; I really wasn't thrilled with this press conference, especially as a read of the current industry. All the AAA footage they showed would have been better off properly produced in a movie.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Davision3D wrote: »
    new halo

Bungie is working on one! Code named Destiny. 3 games
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    halo looks awesome. that should of been the only thing they showed. everything else was pretty pointless. why did they show so many multiplat games? it doesn't make much sense. but oh wait, they have browser now! and you can dance like usher. pretty embarrassing
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    that was one of the worst conferences I've seen. :( Halo and South Park look great though.
  • Cheez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Props to 343 ! Halo 4 looked awesome !
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    Halo 4 was the highlight of that show everything else was kinda meh and COD just looked so boring :(

also kinda pumped for the new splinter cell played conviction a little bit over the weekend :D
  • Ark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    Resi 6 seems the same, all action and no survival horror left in that title.
  • Talbot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maybe I'm just getting older, I'm not even that old (20), but when I was growing up, e3 was the shit. There were new consoles and BIG world premiere games. I may have only watched half of this, but I was bored out of my mind.

If you are going to talk about espn/sports/movies/nongaming, which don't get me wrong, I think its cool... but I don't need you to stand up and tell me that when you have my attention. That can easily be announced on a website. "Xbox live now features NHL, MLB, NFL, and ASS." There. I know about it. People get excited. yay.

And Forza? Like I said, I only came in half way so I went back and watched the trailer. Sorry but wtf does that even tell you about the game other than it looks like another company is making it?

The girl who demoed the catapult game seemed on drugs.

Xbox smartglass okay I thought it was retarded and it was only going to show me the movie poster and cast list, but the map thing in GoT is sick.

CoD looked pretty cool. I'm assuming it is probably on the same level as awesome as Halo was in the beginning.

New languages? Yeah that's good, but honestly if anything could be announced after the presentation, that would be it.

Well now everyone here probably thinks I'm extremely negative, but I feel like the last cool e3 with project natal. Even though I knew I wasn't going to buy it, it was cool and new and it was what everyone was talking about.

My suggestion is that the announced half this stuff on the Today Show and give more time for epic, yes EPIC, stuff at e3.

ALSO: I was sort of think spotify was going to make an appearance in all of the non gaming news. I guess we still have two more consoles....
  • Sean VanGorder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Such a disappointing showing. South Park looks awesome though :D

Also, I loathe the kinect and everything that uses it.
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    I hear some sexy people are working on Splinter cell ;) overall was pretty meh on that conference, only saw half though.
  • Davision3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Davision3D polycounter
    slipsius wrote: »
    Bungie is working on one! Code named Destiny. 3 games
    wow, something new! :D
    Was just disappointed that they only showed all this sequels. Would have loved to see something new. Maybe nintendo will show some real new AAA games, where they launch a new console.
  • Scizz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scizz polycounter lvl 11
    I wouldn't say it was a "bad" press conference. It's just they didn't have anything MAJOR to announce, smart glass looks cool nothing made me feel like I need it. Maybe this year is just a slow year for Microsoft. The only thing I'm really excited for is the new Unreal Engine. Other than that.....meh. (Probably would of been better if no one had a single clue about Halo 4 then BAM!)

Yeah, and almost teared up watching the South Park game play trailer @_@
  • J0NNYquid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    J0NNYquid polycounter lvl 5
    For the press and investors in the audience, that was a great show. Microsoft throwing out big words like integration and connectivity makes that group happy. We the gamers however were subjected to another year of having pointless kinect functionality shoved in our faces. Halo 4 looked great, South Park looks like a ton of fun, other than that, it was completely passable. I hate when they showcase multiplatform games at their personal press conference. Let's hope Sony and Nintendo at least bring something different to the table. Not expecting much from Sony, but Nintendo always tries something new, good or bad.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Im actually a huge fan of that splinter cell, and it is probably the ONLY game I have ever liked the integration of the kinect. Saying hey, over here and stuff like that. Cool. I usually HATE kinect. But I enjoyed that part. Yes, not as stealth as it use to be. But it still looks like its better than chaos theory or double agent. Conviction was AWESOME. Not as stealth as the first couple, but definitely a step in the right direction for the series. Double agent was a flop in my eyes.
  • eld
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld polycounter lvl 18
  • teaandcigarettes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teaandcigarettes polycounter lvl 12
    /\ Pretty much this. But hey, that's what makes these discussions so fun ;)

To me the conference was quite boring. Once they rolled out Kinect and all that, I lost interest and started browsing the web. Hopefully the other conferences will be more entertaining and interesting
  • MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    Anyone know who's working on splinter cell? i remember hearing rumors when the toronto studio opened that they'd be working on it, but as far as i know they've been working on the new rainbow six
  • Ark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    Ubisoft Toronto.
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Ubi Toronto is working on Splinter Cell. But they also have a team working on Rainbow six. Though, From what I understand, They arent doing all of RS. A few different Ubi studios are working on it together.
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    eld wrote: »
    ONE SIDED ASS MEME
    /\ Pretty much this. But hey, that's what makes these discussions so fun ;)

Thank you. I don't mind that people like the game, but when my critique turns into people taking it that way, well, then wtf? why call it a FORUM? People get too attached.

Halo 4 was great, the enemies actually remind me of "metroid-like" enemies. which is awesome!! the variety in challenge looks interesting as well, like the little bot pulling grenades and shielding the guy, shooting you. Hell yeah.

Not just guy with guns, but a little more of strategizing and thnking. AT LEAST. ;P
  • Will Faucher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Will Faucher polycounter lvl 12
    Halo 4 looks absolutely awesome. RENS, HAVE YOU SEEN THIS?!
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    Rens head just blew up!
  • marks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    marks greentooth
    Well, just think - next year at E3 all the big guns are coming out, surely? You have to remember that we are nearing the end of the current gen console lifecycle.
  • Rens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm.. I .. so happy.

Been running on an adrenalin rush all day before this started.

Very impressed with what they managed to pull off for halo4.
    Not only story wise but the art and tech. Well done guys.
    I guess I can say alot but then again it left me rather speachless :)

Their trailers never fail to amaze aswell, holy shit that was brutal.

Now the long wait before we get our hands on it :D
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    Davision3D wrote: »
    new halo
    new call of duty
    new gears of war
    new forza
    new resident evil
    new tomb raider
    new madden
    new fifa
    new dance central
    new fable
    new splinter cell

I assume according to market data, people aren't buying new franchises.
  • EVIL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVIL polycounter lvl 18
    Rens wrote: »
    I'm.. I .. so happy.

Been running on an adrenalin rush all day before this started.

Very impressed with what they managed to pull off for halo4.
    Not only story wise but the art and tech. Well done guys.
    I guess I can say alot but then again it left me rather speachless :)

Their trailers never fail to amaze aswell, holy shit that was brutal.

Now the long wait before we get our hands on it :D

the halo trailer was great! the switch from live action to in-game footage with the ship bursting trough the clouds *nips hard*

also thought the forerunner self assembling weapons where really cool.
  • Ark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    JacqueChoi wrote: »
    People don't buy new franchises.

Too bad because Dishonoured looks awesome. :P
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    JacqueChoi wrote: »
    People don't buy new franchises.
    Guess you`re screwed then, eh?
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    untitled-1m0zbqeixjd.gif

Well, except for Gears, natch. Everyone buy that one!
  • Rens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVIL wrote: »
    the halo trailer was great! the switch from live action to in-game footage with the ship bursting trough the clouds *nips hard*

Hell yeah!

for the trailer, I had a hard time seperating what i was looking at the first moment, they did some great polish work on that to make it blend with cg. Would love to find out what they did with all that.

And for the way it went over to the game and the game itself, very nice indeed! .. i think ill have to watch this a couple times to spot the depth of things going on. They did some great stuff for sure, what a night.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxu_jLLio4Q"]E3 2012: Halo 4 Gameplay Video (HD 720p) - YouTube[/ame]

Started watching this video, and was unimpressed for a few minutes, seemed like a game I'd bought a few times already, but the last half of the video is crazy. The quality of the visuals is just ridiculous. They are really bringing it.
  • arrangemonk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arrangemonk polycounter lvl 15
    i soll want mouse support for the xbox dashboard
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    You can buy third party mouse support peripherals, but they are quite expensive.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    I believe they came out with an xbox version of the eagle eye converter,no? Mine was great on the PS3, and I'd recommend it.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Talbot wrote: »
    Well now everyone here probably thinks I'm extremely negative, but I feel like the last cool e3 with project natal. Even though I knew I wasn't going to buy it, it was cool and new and it was what everyone was talking about.
    Perhaps this is just a case of... *puts on sunglasses* ...post Natal depression.
    *Shouty YEAH! sound*
  • arrangemonk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arrangemonk polycounter lvl 15
    ambershee wrote: »
    You can buy third party mouse support peripherals, but they are quite expensive.
    already have one, but isnt really comfortabale
  • Shadownami92
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shadownami92 polycounter lvl 7
    Yeah, other than the Halo 4 footage an a little bit of that tablet connectivity I didn't find the Microsoft presentation to be too interesting.

Though I will say the Halo 4 footage was fantastic. I love the new look of the HUD, sort of like a Metroid Prime visor system, always thought it had a cool aesthetic. And I enjoyed the new enemies and weapons, the weapon animations were great and the new enemies look like they actually will require more interesting strategies to beat. Since they have shields, side stepping teleportation, flying bots that throw grenades back and all.

And the enemies look pretty sweet too!
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas wrote: »
    E3 2012: Halo 4 Gameplay Video (HD 720p) - YouTube
    but the last half of the video is crazy. The quality of the visuals is just ridiculous. They are really bringing it.

yeah... i think, this might be the second halo game i buy!
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    http://www.g4tv.com/videos/58949/fable-the-journey-e3-gameplay-trailer/

Someone leaked some footage of our floor demo (which is infinitely better than the abysmal trailer shown during the live footage). Shame it's only a few clips of it (it's around 14 minutes of gameplay in reality).
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yay, more Fable stuff! My wife and I just LOVE that world ...