Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    Bombing run style game mode pls.

k thx.
  • passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby polycounter lvl 12
    @Sean McBride ya great work on the game art, been playing a bit of this game everyday now.

a suggestion for balancing weapons, would be before final release maybe put them in the game, and have them only work on custom servers meant for testing weapon updates, and get feedback from there before putting it in the final patch. or a separate beta build like tf is currently doing.
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    I gotta say I was surprised how fast this game was put together, had a feeling things were a bit rushed, but that considered it's amazing for where it's at.

I just hope the fact you guys have purchases already made and locked in classes doesn't slow you guys down from tuning it into an even more kick ass game. Would love to be playin' this game 2 years from now.

Anyway, gonna go get my first win of the day xp's!
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    You need to accept the fact that more 'entry' level options is a must in this case, rushing out a new class isn't a great idea when the other classes aren't even polished, let alone balanced on how they gain XP pending on what actions they take during gameplay.

The Raider itself has several types of option in all of their slots for Pete's Sake! Does he need that many types of Grenade, when the Flash Bang for this high speed game is already OP with the duration it has?

I would respect more if the game tried a 'Rock, Paper, Scissors' kinda approach, where one class can dominate another, and vice versa, so people DO work together, but when my Mortars aren't even effectively killing anyone in their base after a Bomb run before I get torn to bits by a blinding Raider that can shoot 'around me', you know there is something wrong.

Also, FTR, I just fixed over 120 assets in my base, and I got a grand total of 500-XP vs. my previous run of 15+ kills which gave me 900 something.

So yeah, seriously, give defenders a reason of defending and earn something for doing their job.

PS: Minor rant, but did you really need to but a bra-model on your Store page?
  • Sean McBride
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sean McBride polycounter lvl 18
    marketing isn't done by game developers.
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
    You should have a class unlock option in the store For $5 you unlock one class fully, with all upgrades.
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Ace how much time have you put into the game?

I honestly doubt that most of your complaints are particularly valid. I've made this analogy before, but the way youre complaining is like someone coming here saying that zerg are too strong because 6pool wins every time.

Also, i guess you can comment on the scoring system but at the end of the day youre playing to win... if youre looking at an arbitrary number as any kind of metric for your performance then you're doing it wrong.

If the experience of playing the game is fun, play the game... don't look for these false goalposts and unlocks that are there to dripfeed the shallow people into playing more.
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Had a great idea: remove sentinels from the game.

To be completely blunt I find they tend to just ruin the game, which is about mobility and speed. Then you just have someone(or several) at the back of the map playing 'click the pixel'.
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    That'd remove the fun of skiing up behind them and meleeing them.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh man, I did that THREE TIMES to some clown today. The fool was permacamped right next to my own teams spawnpoint, all I had to do was hop over a rock and press 'E'.
  • Inverted42
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Have you guys seen the polycount Easter egg on the Brutes Plasma cannon?
    TcbCD.png
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Drav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Drav polycounter lvl 9
    haha take that fcking pyramid freemason junk. Polycount stole the illuminatis advertising space.....
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    RAISE THE DEAD!

One of our regulars, for the TAC2 mod (Tribes 2), posted a video from our 4th of July Fight Night, and thought I would share, for those who enjoyed Tribes 2 :)

Still actively playing, every friday night.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbWynHjSt5s"]TAC2 Fightnight - July 6th, 2012 - ForbiddenTDM - YouTube[/ame]
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Man, I don't even know if I have Tribes 2 any more :o
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You can download it for free at http://www.tribesnext.com
    It was release for free a long time ago now. Then they shut down the master servers, and the TribesNext group took over the master servers.
  • R3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    R3D interpolator
    GOING FAST GOING FAST

Loving solider.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I should mention, if you want to join us for TAC2, you should visit http://www.tacmod.com
    You'll need to download the clientside mod. We have a regular match, ever Friday night 9PM EST.