Home Technical Talk

How to make Zbrush Retopo points stick to surface.

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Z3NZY polycounter lvl 7
I'm retopologising in zbrush and sometimes when i move points they go into the object and it's a little time consuming to keep checking every movement.
Is there a way to make the point ride along the surface?

Replies

• cryrid
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    How do you set up the retopo? For me they seem to stick automatically unless the point is dragged off into the canvas.
  • BeatKitano
    Offline / Send Message
    BeatKitano polycounter lvl 16
    I experienced this issue all the time in 4.0, seems like it's still there, since that day I always do my retopo in 3dcoat.
  • Z3NZY
    Offline / Send Message
    Z3NZY polycounter lvl 7
    Cryid: I set up the retopo by putting down a zspehere -> rigging, choose mesh -> Topology, edit topology. The point put down is okay, but moving it can sometimes make it go somewhere else.

BeatKitano: This is my first time retopo'ing and being a mixed experience. This problem plus being able to see through the mesh which is fine till you're a good way though and can tell what's going on anymore, and I hear it's a problem with 4.

But it's pretty simply to do, though now i'm having other problems. DX

I'd try 3dcoat if it didn't cost like 100USD. I think there's a trail i'll use it on my next model.
  • cryrid
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    If it's not snapping to the surface and you're having the backfacing problems then, yes, you really need to update. R2, R2b, and R3 are fixed and free
  • Z3NZY
    Offline / Send Message
    Z3NZY polycounter lvl 7
    Lulz, i wish i knew that before lol. I'll look into updating it asap. Thanks for that info.