Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Bus of Mashtuur

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Fozwroth polycounter lvl 9
Hello there polycounters :D this is some of the work I have done during my internship at EASY studios. total time for this was 2 weeks. it can be seen in the Battlefield play4free map Mashtuur.

Rendered it in UDK, feel free to give some feedback :) It would be nice to have it on my portfolio perhaps since I dont have any veichles there at the moment.

mashtuurbus01.jpg

mashtuurbus02.jpg

mashtuurbus03.jpg

Replies

• timspanjer
    This bus model and the color texture map look fine. But right now it all looks a little flat. Did you create a spec map or a normal map for this model? I think you really need that to help sell the glass and all the other details.
    Check out this reference image. Old_bus1.jpg
  • Fozwroth
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for the feedback! yes there is a normalmap and spec map but I guess I could go and give them some tweaks :D
  • timspanjer
    You're welcome. It might just been how you have your shader setup. Take a look at some of the materials that come with UDK (if you haven't already) and see how they use normal, spec and color maps.
  • dpadam450
    Offline / Send Message
    dpadam450 polycounter lvl 9
    The front headlights look to be texture only, they need to be 3d and popped out. Same with the other yellow lights on the front and all those smaller lights by the wheels. The exhaust / AC on the sides towards the back could probably pop out as well. Maybe even pop out the grey grated panels between the wheels.

Style wise, the
  • Fozwroth
    Offline / Send Message
    ok thanks! :) the headlights are in 3D, might be my lightning that hides it. Seems that this model has quite some issues :P modelling new things on it wont probably be an option since its technicaly "not my model" since it was built for the game. I was just trying to see if I could get a better render in another engine ^^ I will probably abandon it and try harder on the next model!