Home Technical Talk

UV unwrapping - coloured unwrap render?

Hey all, I've just finished unwrapping a big rifle model, the thing is really complex and as such the UV is all over the place. It's as neat as I can make it, but it's still basically hell in UV unwrap form.

I've seen this style of unrwap render around, however, where each face is a slightly different shaded, gentle pastel colour. Like this:
1839a.jpg

How do I do that? I could potentially just work with the black/green lines dealio, but I'd much rather have something like this to have a better reference of my model.

Is it a default max setting that I'm just not seeing or is it a plugin? Any help is apprecieated.

Replies

• Brendan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brendan polycounter lvl 8
    Do you mean like this?

mapping_dvd_lg_02.jpg

You could try some different textures; lookup UV Map in Google Images and you'll get the idea.

Or more closer to your image, you can just set up the thing using a grey material, and yellow and blue (or whatever) directional lights pointing in different directions.

I'm not quite sure exactly what you're talking about, but since you mentioned UV work I assume you're looking to show that.
  • ivanzu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ivanzu polycounter lvl 10
    You should put a checker board texture on it to see the Texel density if you didn't do so already.