Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

3D Ninja Gaiden Rachel

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
melviso polycounter lvl 10
This is my first post of a 3d work here(probably not as cool as the works I have seen here).I decided to make a 3d model of rachel from ninja gaiden.It was initially intended for a short animation but I will not be continuing the project.
Polycount of the model including weapon: 14,249 tris

I had a lot of problems rigging her but guess I learned some new stuff.I definitely need to work on anatomy.Will probably do a small snippet animation of her probably when I have free time.

Used ZBRUSH,Maya,XNormal,Mudbox(texturing) and photoshop(texturing & post processing).

RACHELrefined.png

RACHELpose.png

Replies

• uncle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks decent, but I CAN'T SEE A FCKN THING. So blurry!

Seriously, give up postprocessing for a while. Show us plain render of posed and unposed character. Wireframe version, texture sheets maybe. And bigger resolution, this thumbnail is way to small to see anything!
  • Tobbo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tobbo polycounter lvl 11
    I think it needs a lens flare. But yeah in all seriousness, you might get more feedback from a plain render, like Uncle suggested. Also, I'm not crazy about the pose. It's also hard to distinguish between her weapon? and the boots/gloves.
  • melviso
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the pointers.It just dawned on me that Photobucket automatically resizes my pictures.The first two were actually 853 x 480 px.I rendered out new images from Maya at 1280x720px,uploaded them at once at Photobucket and they all got resized.
    Changing settings in the upload options didn't change anything.Is uploading original size reserved for Pro users?

Here are new plain rendered pics:Used KobbeShader for the body and IcUberShader for the hair and weapon.
    12-2.png

11-1.png

RACHEL1.png

RACHEL2.png

3-1.png

5-1.png

8-1.png

10-1.png

Are there any other image hosting sites that don't resize images?
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Imageshack.US is what I generally use for quick uploads. No resizing there.

I'd definitely do a pass on the proportions before you get back into noodling with animation and such like. At the very least, broaden that ribcage a little.
  • melviso
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seems like Photobucket finally resized the image to a larger res though I uploaded 1280 x720.

@Jackablade
    Thanks.I think I will give imageshack a go.The project this model is for got discontinued so I won't be working on it but I will also appreciate any feedback/critcism on this model so that I can improve on the next model I make.
  • melviso
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finally figured how to post with good res from viewport of Maya.Will make endeavours towards better presentation of my models next time.
    er.png

erqe.png