Home General Discussion

What to charge for my blendergame?!

a-k-m
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
a-k-m polycounter lvl 5
What to charge for my game?!
Hello,

I'm not sure where to post this question so I put it directly here.
I've made a blendergame not so long ago (still not done yet).
Now I have a request from a company that wants to buy this game.

The company wants to use the game for promotion. I believe they are not ready to pay too much (like everybody).

I started working on this game in August and finished working on it in December. I was only working on it in my freetime.

So... how much should I charge? I was thinking about 1000 €. Is this too much? (I have no idea!)

Here's a videoclip of the game: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKuV6vUX6gc"]Kite Game WIP - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks for your help!

Greetings

Replies

• Chimp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chimp interpolator
    Think about what you charge hourly for each type of work and then think about how much time it realistically took (difficult, i know since it was a free time thing) - this is the only way to really do it.
  • EVIL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVIL polycounter lvl 18
    I agree, work out how much time you put into the development and multiply that with your hourly rate. No need to undercut yourself because you want to give them a price that is attractive to the buyer.
  • Isaiah Sherman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Isaiah Sherman polycounter lvl 14
    You could try to break down the hours you spend on it and shoot for 40 - 60 € per hour.

If you spent 100 hours on it, 4k-6k €

If a company is interested in buying it for promotional purposes, never try to be conservative and take your sale personally (like giving unfounded "discounts"). You created something that they want, and if they truly want it, they will pay a fair price for it.

You could also ask them what their estimated budget is without revealing your price range, who knows, it could be really high! It's all business negotiations.
  • waynelw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haiasi wrote: »
    You could try to break down the hours you spend on it and shoot for 40 - 60 € per hour.

Yes,you can have a try,good luck:)