Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] Ivan Mijatov - Character Artist

Replies

• imijatov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Forgot to mention. As for the site: nope, not Flash. It's actually just a little bit of javascript/ajax. Very compatible with browsers. Hm, I don't think I'm seeing the transition error you're describing. Checked in a couple of different browsers... Can you tell me what browser, version of that browser, and OS you are using to view my site? Or maybe a quick screenie, if it's not too much trouble?

*** Update on bust ***
    Laid out the UVs. I plan to do some texture painting this weekend. Hopefully, I can have some wips for her soon.
  • imijatov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Making progress on the diffuse and still touching up parts of the geometry. Here is what Marmoset Toolbag is currently spitting out:

prj04_nightelf_04.png

Also, retooled the website a bit. Made things simpler, cleaner but don't know if I overdid it.
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    Really pretty, love the portfolio & night elf.

Reminded me of this one, maybe It will help you?

http://vimeo.com/20531218
  • imijatov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks, $!nz. Those are good words to hear! Actually, slipgatecentral's t2 dragonstalker is a direct inspiration for my night elf druid piece, hence the similarities. I look up to him (and firstkeeper, too). I've wanted to add a splash of color and style to my port, so this was the perfect opportunity for me.

Last wip shot, I think. The druid's bust is sectioned off into several different categories: skin, metal, wood, cloth, hair, feathers and leaves. I'll make an attempt to push the materials further than I have in my other projects that I've worked on so far. We'll see how far I get with that before it's time to wrap up...

prj04_nightelf_05.png
  • imijatov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    04_ivanMijatov_nightelf-A.jpg

Brainstorming my next 3d character... If you have any suggestions, be sure to write them below. This one is going to be a full body again. Getting there slowly but surely.
  • imijatov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, folks - Was hoping to get fresh feedback of my current portfolio material: http://www.imijatov.com/. Thanks! Also, any advice on what types of characters you all think I should focus on in the future would be appreciated as well.

There is also an art test that I wrapped up recently, but cannot show - at least not right now. I feel like it's my best work yet, so it's truly a shame.
  • demilich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    demilich polycounter lvl 8
    I think this character-Jacqueline Celestia is your strongest piece. I think visually that character should be on the left, instead of the night elf female. The night elf is still a solid piece for sure. Also, the first image with the k9 commando where the light hits the hair, it looks a little blurry. Might be your normal map. Other than that, awesome work man!
  • garriola83
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    garriola83 greentooth
    Great stuff. I like the hand painted textures. But there is still something quite off about the anatomy, as if the explorer and the elf is just too short. I'll follow you and good luck.
  • imijatov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    demilich - Thanks, man! Reason behind the Jacqueline Celestia character being all the way to the right is that she is the oldest and, truthfully, the one I spent the most time on. So I'm glad that shows. Perhaps I'll reconsider the order not based on newest to oldest but instead best to worst. For the K9 commando, I think it's a combination of the maps and uv placement.

garriola83 - Thanks, man! I'm still experiment with hand painted texturing and will do even more with it in the future. I like the fact that you create the lighting information, not the other way around. Well, the explorer - I think building to that skeleton was the culprit, however, I tried my best to make him still look proportionally correct. It could also be my camera angles/focal length in those shots.