Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[DS2] Hammer, X-One

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
X-One polycounter lvl 18
First off, this is a pretty awesome contest. Thanks to all who organized it, as it couldn't have been an easy feat.

I've really been struggling to come up with a concept that I like. That said, I'd really like to submit something by the deadline, so I'm going to have to pull the trigger on something very soon.

I'm going to attempt a Maker's Hammer/Axe and at this point I'm favoring A,B,C in that order. The other three haven't been fleshed out very well, but I'm posting them for the sake of suggestions.

Any ideas/suggestions would be helpful,

uh50Q.jpg

brWXU.jpg

Replies

• Broken_Lawnmower
    Nice thumbs. B is my favourite of the bunch, but I also think E could be pretty badass even though right now it seems to be missing a transitional handle element.
  • Suspekt
    I could see E becoming a very interesting Angelic mace or hammer. It almost feels "Godly."
  • X-One
    Offline / Send Message
    X-One polycounter lvl 18
    Here is my current progress. I've made a couple changes to the design to try and give the weapon a bit of a story. I'm in favor of keeping the crystal lattice, but I'm unsure if I want to keep the crystals that are protruding from the two end faces of the hammer.

Other than that, I think I'm off to zbrush.

u3muw.jpg
  • X-One
    Offline / Send Message
    X-One polycounter lvl 18
    I'm most of the way through zbrushing. I've really got to get the business ends complete, as well as parts of the center assembly. I think I've probably got to get in a few more large details, as I'm fairly certain the small stuff is going to get lost in the bake. I'm still undecided about the crystals, but for now, they're in.

1W6KJ.jpg
  • X-One
    Offline / Send Message
    X-One polycounter lvl 18
    Done, I guess. I'm probably going to continue working on it, post submission, as I think think there are things I can clean up.

All said, it was fun and I'm glad to have submitted anything at all. Much appreciation to all involved.

45Khy.jpg