Home Contests & Challenges Archives Game Art Workshops

Workshop #5 - Bunglo

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
Bunglo polycounter lvl 13
I need to get my sub-d skills up to par so I've started on this workshop. I'm fairly certain I'd like to do a game-res version of this, so the highpoly will be adjusted for that as I progress.

Here's the block out:

4kY7G.jpg

Replies

• Bunglo
    Offline / Send Message
    Little update, started adding support edges and what not on the main body.

I'm wondering if I should extend the strip on the front, near the top of the camera a bit more. At the moment, the effect on the silhouette is fairly minimal. Aside from that, getting support edges in there is going to be a pain due to how small the extrusion is.

LCsdi.jpg
    Bw6vO.jpg
  • Bunglo
    Offline / Send Message
    Update.

There's various proportion issues I've yet to address but I'm mainly trying to get all the shapes sub-divided and tweaking where needed. Also, the rectangular bits at the top of the camera, horrendous, I know.

GxjqR.jpg
    wzShE.jpg
    obdWn.jpg
    7tKcl.jpg
    k9Meb.jpg

I'm going to be skimming over the how you model dem shapes thread once again to hopefully get some tips on get nice, readable edges on smaller shapes where the room for control edges is pretty tight.

Does anyone have any methods they recommend on parts like this?

lWFl6.jpg
    PZRzd.jpg
  • Bunglo
    Offline / Send Message
    Started on the lens.

uYEbz.jpg
  • Link702
    It's looking great.
  • King Mango
    Offline / Send Message
    King Mango polycounter lvl 10
    Looking really good. Maybe I'll switch over to SubD myself. I've NEVER used them before and I just did a nice poly block out. I'm gonna have to check out that model dem shapes thread myself.