Home General Discussion

The Walking Dead SPOILER THREAD

Replies

• commador
    Offline / Send Message
    commador polycounter lvl 14
    notman wrote: »
    Yep, and in this episode, they also said, 'you know how Hershel feels about killing walkers', when Andrea wanted to shoot it. It's because Hershel thinks(hope) they can be cured, and he hates that Rick's group is killing them without remorse.

Could you imagine though if a cure WAS discovered? If you assume it only "reverts" the dead tissue back, and can't regenerate tissue (or body parts) there would be a huge number of people who would quickly wish they were dead. :/
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    having not seen the latest US episode, presumably episode 5. the "spoiler" at the end of episode 4 over here hinted that Daryl has turned.

i would imagine this is a plot device to allow hershal to tell the gang "don't kill him, herd him into the barn" where they will discover his son etc.
  • Zipfinator
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    having not seen the latest US episode, presumably episode 5. the "spoiler" at the end of episode 4 over here hinted that Daryl has turned.

i would imagine this is a plot device to allow hershal to tell the gang "don't kill him, herd him into the barn" where they will discover his son etc.

Nope. Daryl hasn't turned and wasn't bitten as far as we know.
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    is anybody else curious/intrigued as to what effects they will use for a 1 handed rick? it'll certainly be some good cinematics to keep it going long term.
  • Jeremy Lindstrom
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Lindstrom polycounter lvl 18
    1 handed Rick!!? SPOIDLER!!!?

..disregard thought this was the other thread.
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    is anybody else curious/intrigued as to what effects they will use for a 1 handed rick? it'll certainly be some good cinematics to keep it going long term.

That's why I question at times, if they'll follow things to the T. Like, having his wife and baby shot by the governor's people. That's why I thought they might avoid the pregnancy, but obviously that's not the case ;)

Not to mention, everyone starts fucking like rabbits later on.
  • LRoy
  • JacqueChoi
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    Anyone get a sinking feeling the Governor will be Merl?
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    JacqueChoi wrote: »
    Anyone get a sinking feeling the Governor will be Merl?

oh man... that would be AWESOME.
  • Zipfinator
    Offline / Send Message
    While the Governor being Merle would be pretty fancy they've already said they probably aren't going to do that in an interview. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
  • LRoy
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy polycounter lvl 10
    They aren't going to do the governor part? It's pretty graphic but so is the prison.
  • Zipfinator
    Offline / Send Message
    No, that's not what I meant. They said they probably aren't going to turn Merle into the Governor. They're definitely going to do the Woodbury storlyine. In a lot of interviews they've said that is one of the parts they can't wait to get to.
  • Zipfinator
    Offline / Send Message
    They killed Dale!

I guess they really weren't fucking around with the "It's not going to follow the same path as the comic". Otis was a pretty unimportant character overall but Dale being dead now is really going to change things.
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    Yep, guess they wanted to keep the comic readers second guessing everything too. For a minute there, I was thinking, PLEASE don't tell me they are going to suggest Hershel can repair this. The guy has his guts exposed, torn open by a zombie, and he's in an open field, no where near the farmhouse. I was relieved to see Hershel say Dale wasn't going to make it.
  • Mark Dygert
    since the last thread has pretty much become a font for black lines, how about we have a thread that doesn't need spoiler tags, and is an open discussion for anyone who wants to talk about the series (tv and comic) without having to worry about hurting peoples fragile minds?
    Since this thread seems to
    have lost its steam and the
    main walking dead thread is having
    trouble censoring itself
    and just had another
    censor put on it "can't talk about the weeks show
    until Gir watches it",
    how about this thread become
    the retarded
    spoiler riddled
    thread instead. That way
    Gir can sit in a thread and stare at
    walls of black spoiler text.

Mean while fans of the show/comic
    can talk about
    the show/comic?
    Makes sense right?
  • slipsius
    Since this thread seems to
    have lost its steam and the
    main walking dead thread is having
    trouble censoring itself
    and just had another
    censor put on it "can't talk about the weeks show
    until Gir watches it",
    how about this thread become
    the retarded
    spoiler riddled
    thread instead. That way
    Gir can sit in a thread and stare at
    walls of black spoiler text.

Mean while fans of the show/comic
    can talk about
    the show/comic?
    Makes sense right?

N
    N
    N
    O
    O
    O
    O
    O
    O
    O
    O
    O
    O
    O
    O
    O
    O
    O
    O
    O
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    wow mark, i never realised you were this big of a penis.
  • Mark Dygert
    Who's the dick? It seems pretty dickish to tell people they can't talk about the walking dead in the walking dead thread until he's seen the episode?

Just stay out of the thread until you've caught up.

The spoiler tags are fucking annoying and now we have to spoiler talk about this weeks episode too in addition to comic spoilers and speculation about where the show might go? The comic spoilers are becoming pointless because they are diverging pretty far from the comic. Also any fan of the show has probably read the comic, its dirt cheap and takes 5min to read, you have to go to some pretty great lengths to read and discuss the show in other areas on the web and not bring up the comic, that 99% of the fun of discussing it.

Stating what happens in the comic doesn't mean it happens in the show. But whatever I can sort of get on board the comic spoilers but the "no one talks about this weeks show" spoilers is too much.
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    no the whole point of this thread wasn't for comparisons between the two mediums, it was literally just a case of "spoilers go here, no spoilers in the other thread".

that way people could feel "safe" in opening the other thread and not worry about having stuff put in their face that they didn't get a chance to see for themselves yet. but that they could also (if they chose to) come to this thread and talk about ANYTHING, whether it's the show, the comic, the comparisons, or hell... big fat donkey burgers for whatever it's worth.

i'm not saying "don't talk about it because i haven't seen it yet", but i'm not the only person in europe, and i'm not the only one who has a family night where we enjoy all watching it together... i shouldn't have to ruin that just to keep up to date for you guys, should i? wouldn't you be pissed if i asked that of you?

at the end of the day it's just common courtesy... it's not difficult to talk about the tv show without giving anything away. you've just chosen to completely ignore that, and then wondered why people might be pissed that YOU DECIDED TO TAKE IT ON YOURSELF to say "fuck spoiler tags, here everyone this is what happened". and that's where the biggest problem is. YOU decided you couldn't be bothered to use a simple tag wrap. and YOU're calling ME selfish.
  • LRoy
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy polycounter lvl 10
    Why would you go into a thread talking about the show if it hasn't aired by you yet? No one is forcing you to read it before you had a chance to see this weeks episode.

Seems pretty silly.
  • Mark Dygert
    "you spoiled it for me! IDIOTS! get to the other thread!" Well pardon me for thinking it was ok to talk about an episode after it aired... how silly of me...

I normally don't stay up to catch it the night it airs but I catch it the next day. I manage to keep out of the thread until I do.

I only said fuck spoiler tags because you keep adding conditions and categories to the spoilers making it harder and harder to post and carry on discussions.

Its not just applying wrappers its
    that
    it
    makes
    the
    thread
    hard
    to
    read
    , and you can't just post and move on you have to sit there and think, "has this happened in the show, when did it happen in the comic and now has it aired in Europe, oh wait has the Gir family had their family night yet? Then wrap and sort that post accordingly, which normally means carving up sentences that weave between all the spoiler categories. That's messed up.

Like I said I'll do the comic spoiler stuff like I always have, but keep your ass out of the thread until you see the episode if you don't want to see talk about the current episode. That's common sense, you don't open a movie thread after its released and before you've seen it and expect everyone to write in spoiler tags.

You have to take some responsibility if you don't want to spoil things for yourself.

Comic spoilers = fine
    Gir spoilers = keep your ass out of the thread until you see the episode.
  • glottis8
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    Anybody playing the game? I just finished chapter 2 and it was way intense! i am really enjoying that game. I am looking fwd to the next chapter.
  • Pangahas
    Offline / Send Message
    Pangahas polycounter lvl 10
    Iam.And it is intense indeed,enjoyed it.Though having realized there's only 1 cow on the barn,It pretty much for me gave away where the whole thing leads up to.
    And also I was kind of expecting Sofia to pop out of the locked door :D
  • vik
    Offline / Send Message
    vik polycounter lvl 13
    Just finished Episode 2 - Starved For Help and must say that Telltale did an excellent job as the game is simply amazing. I haven`t been this engrossed in a story for a long time.

Episode 3 (Long Road Ahead) is apparently coming out in the middle of August, can`t wait.
  • Stinger88
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    Just finished Season2.

Was a little slow to begin with and I was hating the fact it seemed to be more about the relationships between the characters and the social dynamics of the group. I thought it was turning into a soap opera with a few Zombies thrown in.

But the last few episodes were pretty epic. Some nice twists and certain people died that i didn't expect. The appearance of this Michonne character REALLY made it interesting. I haven't read the graphic novels so i don't know what to expect but I can't wait for the next season.

Also, Lori and Carl Grimes are both very annoying characters and almost spoil the whole thing for me.
  • Rai
    Offline / Send Message
    Rai polycounter lvl 15
    Please tell me there are others here reading the comic and are up to date.. I feel alone and scared. :[
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    Several of us have read the comics. The 100th edition was pretty fucked up IMO.
    And based on the teaser, for the next season, it appears as though they are completely breaking away from the comic book storyline. It had already diverged a little, but next season, there will be very little comparison I'm thinking.
  • almighty_gir
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    yeah it looks like michone and andrea will be "captives" of the governor... and i'm guessing the storyline will culminate in them finding the prison and having to choose between the old crew and the governors lot... except the governor will have already made up his mind to take the prison by force.