Home Technical Talk

My "EditPoly" keeps converting ITSELF into an "EditMesh", while I'm not looking! WTF?

Well, the main descriptive elements of this problem are in the title, I really cant think of any reason whatsoever that this would be happening! I've been making a model of that bloody starfish bloke, patrick, from Spongebob for my sister, and I've completed the overall mesh now. It looks... Okay I suppose, but I like my version of Spongebob better. I dont think I got the "arms" & "head" looking right IMO, but I doubt an 8 year old will be TOO scrutinising about little nuances LOL! This never happened with Spongebob (Hes fully modelled & textured, but while CAT-rigging him, I've come across another BIG problem, but thats another story).

Its just weird that, every time I seem to take my attention away from the modifier stack, or select another object; I'll go back to it and the next thing I know, its gone and changed itself into another type of object without any explanation whatsoever. This is the 2nd or 3rd time I've had to REMIND Max that this object is supposed to be an EditablePoly!

The ONLY things I can think of being a factor in this, are the "STL Check" modifer, which I used a bit, and found a floating polygon on the inside of his arm!

Any help on this weirdness would be REALLY appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Replies