Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sexy Super Soaker

hey guys, think its time to start a WIP thread for this. i'm needing some crits and direction on this.

So i started up with this quick sketch for a concept
6900463901_807f3e2e59_b.jpg

And this is where im at with the basemesh sculpt..
6900464321_06675c3e7e_b.jpg

Is there any weak areas that need to be fix/changed or defined better? how much detail should go into a model being baked down?

Also im a bit lost on where to go from here since my initial concept was very rough.. so heres paintovers.

6900465469_23ebf0b566_b.jpg

again please crit or let me know what is working and what isnt. or feel free to do your own paintover :)

ThankYou

Replies

• Axios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Axios polycounter lvl 10
    I'm not an anatomy buff so I won't comment on that but as far as design goes, I think #6 is the best so far. If you're really going to do a super soaker-based character, then you'll really need to emphasize that and the large gun is much more effective than the pistols for that. However, I think the outfit from #3 is more interesting. Back-mounted weaponry seems a little much for something that should probably be pretty lighthearted so I'd avoid that, and none of the shoe options are really working for me. It's an interesting idea for a character that I think could be good as long as you don't make it too serious.
  • ysalex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ysalex interpolator
    The girls legs are very skinny, and very shot. They suffer from a lack of musculature, and also a lack of insertions into the torso. Take a look at some anatomy images and see if you can't get the mass a little more accurate, get some tone going on top of that, and then spend a good bit of time studying how the tendons and muscles of the legs insert into the pelvis.

Since this is essentially (going by the title and your efforts thus far) supposed to be a good looking woman, and has very little to do with a super-soaker, then nailing down the anatomy should be the first priority.

At any rate, good luck.
  • dirigible
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dirigible polycounter lvl 8
    She has kind of a squat, baby-face at the moment. I like your hands and feet, but your torso and limbs are kind of undefined in terms of anatomical structure at the moment. Ysalex said it well.

I'm assuming it's the perspective skewing the image, but her legs might be too short. A normal person's legs are a bit less than 50% of their total height (from bottom of foot to bottom of crotch). For an exceptionally good looking woman you might want to make her legs slightly longer than the rest of her body (52-54% of total height).
  • pinkbox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Axios - thanks for the input ill have to revist the shoes. initially i envisioned her with boots like army style but a girls version. So ill definitely give her a big gun and gut down the accessories.

ysalex - thanks im going to revist her anatomy. ill try add some muscle tone but i dont want it to be over the top while still keeping her skinny but not ano.

dirigible - ill work a bit on her leg proportion though some of it is due to the camera angle and i think something wrong with the fov. ill also show it with the default mudbox mat next update and some better lighting (hopefully) so it shows off the model better. (and fix the camera angle)