Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WaterFall - End of Magi

Kyuzo
polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Kyuzo polycounter lvl 12
Hello everyone

Here are blockout for russian contest "Mage Tower".

Little description:
We have "indestructible" mage tower, mage and his enemy, that destroys mage towers all around the world. I have to show mightiness of tower, moment of fight, where our mage at the limit of strength, and the end is near(probably).

Scene description:
Magic school of my mage is water, so.
Tower surrounded by mountains with magic glacier on them. Glacier is melting for thousand years and made net of waterfalls in the middle.
Tower was built under main waterfall, to get most power of magic ice.
On left side you can see laboratory and library. Translucent column should be magic elevator that works on power of water fountain made under it.

Plans:
Right side of tower will be damaged and partially destroyed at the base and little heigher, magic elevator destroyed completely. Instead of tower wall mage made wall of ice to support the tower. Meteor sticking in glacier above town, and glacier is about to fall down on next hit.

There are little town on the right, that lives under the protection of mage and gives him everything he need.

Fight:
Enemy of my mage is demon, master of two magic schools(Fire&Earth), he stays near portal. With right hand he ready to throw another meteor to glacier above town. With other hand he keeps earth shield, that will defend him from next water mage attack.

Water Mage stays on balcony on top of the tower. With power of minor waterfall under the balcony and water of main waterfall that flow under tower he made ice knuckle to hit the opponent, and in some way he attempts to prevent town destruction(not sure how). Yes, humanity and love to all living lower his chances and can kill him :D

Contest don't limit anything like polycount/textures, but i want to make it to fit in game engine. So my goal is to make solid work, get lot of expirience, and if i deserve, get some place :shifty:
Timelimit for April 22

This is my first big work, and i'm not sure it's not too ambitious :)

I would love to get any cnc about composition, forms, and anything else(some refs would be great :D).
Tower forms and details placement looks not bad already, but i have feel of incompleteness, or... don't know

scene plan:
vvzg1.jpg

few more images

Faskw.jpg
8Nt2h.jpg
ISLHy.jpg
1qDyR.jpg

Grid: link

Thank you for reading :)

Replies