Home Technical Talk

Boot creation tutorial HELP!

Hi does anyone know any tutorials on how to create boots or shoes? i found a few tutorials but there is one that i am clueless and seems to be the easiest and best of them all... here are the ones i found

Callahan Sketchbook

The only thing about this tutorial is i dont understand how he got the shoe lip were the laces go... it looks like he sculpts it in after... (Only issue is my PC handles about 6 million polys and says that it cant go any higher)
if anyone could kinda explain how he got the lips of the shoe?

Create a Boot

and

Making of the Shoe

anyone know any other tutorials that might help?? i cant find any video tutorials to get an idea of the workflow... i tried extruding the areas i needed but that would jst crash Zbrush and i tried masking out and inflating but i would get terrible results... any help would be much appreciated (i know those tutorials are more than enough but i wanna get as much info as possible before i start thanks

Replies

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Don't extrude from the highest subdivision level, if you're working around 6 million polygons, that's a fair amount of information for zbrush to process when trying to create the extraction. Do it on a lower level and you should be able to extract just fine.

You could also try creating the needed strip with a zsphere (retopology), or shadowbox.

Also, if you're reaching a limit at 6 million polygons, that should be 6 million per subtool. If the boot/shoe is several pieces of material stitched together then it should present some pretty natural places where you can break up the tool into multiple pieces. Then each piece will be able to have up to 6 million polygons each. The other bonus is that you're no longer trying to subdivide the entire mesh in order to get geometry where you need it.
  • HornyRhino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @cryrid: Thanks man... that really does help and yes it work perfectly... managed to get 28 million polys and it worked perfect... also i have seen a few tutorials that the guys mouse cursor in Zbrush is like a red dot... i was wondering how do i change my cursor to that red dot? i prefer drawing with small point pens or pencil... so i think it would help a lot working with a dot in Zbrush. Thanks