Home Technical Talk

exporting animation file

demilich
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
demilich polycounter lvl 8
Is there something similar in max like exporting a bip file? I have a animated biped arms, but the weapon is linked to a simple box. The box contains the animation movement. Is there a way I can export that animation?

thanks.

Replies

• poopipe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopipe grand marshal polycounter
    look in the animation menu
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If you want it all in the same system you might want to add a prop bone to biped, otherwise you will have to handle it separately by saving and loading the animation apart from biped.

Biped does have an option to save and load max objects that are linked to it, but in my opinion that can be a bit dicey and doesn't always work well with motion mixer.
  • demilich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the replies guys. I'm also trying to move a weapon that is attached to a basic box as a bone. The animation is in one position but I want to move the whole weapon and box rig into another position and have it apply to the whole animation. I know this can easily be done with the biped using the layer option. Is there something similar I can use to move the weapon object.

Thanks.
  • demilich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm trying to move a weapon that is attached to a basic box as a bone. The animation is in one position but I want to move the whole weapon and box rig into another position and have it apply to the whole animation. I know this can easily be done with the biped using the layer option. Is there something similar I can use to move the weapon object?
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    With autokey off you should be able to move it around where ever you need it to be by moving the root bone?
  • demilich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Mark, I figured it out, forgot like you mentioned that autokey was on.