Home Technical Talk

Real time 3d web engines

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Hupie polycounter lvl 12
Hey there,

at the moment I'm doing research on real time 3d web engines targeted at interactive architectural visualization and I'm wondering if my list of up-to-date engines is complete or whether I'm missing some big players. I'm mainly interested in engines which don't require you to download any additional plug-ins , apart from the flash and java plug-in as they are installed on many computers already. For the sake of completeness however I did add engines like Unity and Quest3d as well.

I'm also very keen on engines which come with an editor, so i don't have to write every line of code myself, as is the case with most Flash 3d engines (you have to code almost everything in actionscript). So far, there are a few engines which really caught my eye, namely Demicron Wirefusion (java, comes with visual programming), Ambiera Coppercube (Flash, comes with editor and no programming experience needed) and Holomatrix Blaze 3d studio (Flash, very easy to setup 3d model viewer).

Ok, so here's my current list:

Flash 3D engines

Away3d
Sandy 3d engine
Alternativa 3d
Papervision3d
Flare3d
Electric Oyster 3D
Blaze 3d studio
Sophie 3d
Yogurt3d
infinity3d
FreeSpin3d
Ambiera Coppercube
Flash 10 (3D API Molehill, coming soon)

Java Engines

Wirefusion (java)
Shiva 3D (java)

Plug-ins required

Unity3d
Quest3d
Turntool
Html5 (webgl)
O3D (webgl)
Hypercosm

If you know some other interesting web engines, please feel free to share smile.gif

Replies