Home General Discussion

3D Coat 3.7

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Showster polycounter lvl 18
Not sure if there is a thread on this but 3D Coat just got updated looks pretty neat

http://3d-coat.com/3d-coat-37/

A couple of the new things are a connection app to take stuff into other packages, Booleans upgraded, instancing etc...

Two things that caught me were "New Brush Engine" and "Speed up of Per pixel Painting", does anyone know what they've done to the brush engine? The one thing I didn't like so much about 3D Coat was the sculpting brushes, if that's been improved great news

All the best

Replies

• Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    sooo much new stuff! I dont know whats new or not :P
  • samcole
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow. Huge update, I have 3D Coat...but have yet to model anything in there...the workflow is a bit intimidating. Maybe I'll watch 3D World's tut about how to make a gun to understand it better.
  • BeatKitano
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BeatKitano polycounter lvl 16
    I've been testing each beta toward 3.7 (as many here i'm sure), just try the new surface sculpt mode: activate removestretching on a surface brush, start brushing and just watch what happens.

For those interested: it's a dynamesh++ for each stroke ! with enough res (and you can push it MUCH higher than zbrush) you can basicaly do anything if your comp can handle it.

remstretchingshow.gif
    BTW gif is slow not because performance is shitty but because I set a 5fps limit to recording.