Home Unreal Engine

Modular Piece Help

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
richwderby polycounter lvl 6
I have been trying to fit this rail together for a while now, and I cant seem to do it. I don't know what the problem is.

The settings are as shown in the images:

unled2uy.jpg

unled1kqh.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have the pivot point snapped to 0,0,0,0, the grid settings are setup correctly (i think), and it has 2 UV Channels.

Every time I try and link them together the seams just flicker

Replies

• illybang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hmm, i would suggest you go back to your original model and just verify that verts along the ends of your model are perfectly aligned. flickering to my knowledge means that those two pieces are overlapping, so just double check your model.

there is no normal map applied on this, right?
  • MaVCArt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MaVCArt polycounter lvl 8
    also, you need to make sure your model is aligned to a grid that is spaced with values of two; UDK works with a power-of-two-based grid. meaning that if you actually use a power of two as width, height, length or all of them, the overlapping parts should disappear, as you are probably using grid snapping in UDK.
  • Camikaze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    illybang is right - that flickering ("Z-fighting") is caused by the pieces overlapping. It looks like the pieces aren't a size that will snap to the grid nicely - ensure they are exactly 256 units long. Could you also post a screenshot of the top-down wireframe view in UDK?
  • richwderby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    richwderby polycounter lvl 6
    Ive sorted it out now, got help at uni :)

My UV's weren't all the way to the top and the sizes in UDK weren't all set to 1, which was why it was overlapping

Thanks for the feedback