Home Technical Talk

Mobile Game work opportunity

Didn't post this in the freelance/job offer are as it isn't exactly an 'offer' I guess. If an admin sees it and thinks it should go there, that's fine and I apologize in advance.

I'm looking for some -tech- help as well as a little art help with an iphone/ipad game. I am looking for some coding help in producing a simple game for the app store. Simple is relative - I know this - and a project I imagine as simple will obviously grow in difficulty from the day I start it.

Basically I can offer a very small amount of money up front in exchange for working on the game to completion however, I am willing to offer up 20%-50% (depending on how many people) profit sharing for anything we make as an experiment. I don't expect anyone to 'work full time' this is sort of a spare time project that is serious and actually gets completed. (or at least I'm hoping for that.)

If the game has any amount of success, I am going to work toward forming a small company around it and making another.

I have a design document in the process of being finished, I will provide
place holder assets and final artwork, which brings me to my next offer.

If anyone wants to do some simple hand painted assets for mobile gaming, I am open to paying small chunks of money for helping with that as well.

I'm thinking about even having a small contest for it. Design a "style", a character and a few assets and win some money and an offer to work on the game with me + profit sharing.

Please post here or message me if you are interested. I really hope this doesn't seem like a 'get cheap work' scheme as that is not my intention, I am simply looking for talented individuals who like to push themselves and want to work on something serious in their spare time as well as artists who are unemployed looking for something to keep them busy and or get into the industry/

Here is a link to a simple game that best describes the mechanic in the project - B Cubed

TL/DR

I am looking for -

A programmer that want's to spend some off time developing a simple-ish iPhone/iPad game in Unity.

Artists that want to create a 'style' for a game as well as assets.

I can offer -

Small amounts of cash up front ($50-$200) as a retainer sort of.

20%-30% profit sharing when the game goes live.

A job offer if any success is to be had from this endeavor.

Credit on a shipped title.

Of course everything will be under contract once we have started to protect everyone. If there is a positive response to this I will definitely run a proper - contest - in the P and P forum to find an artist.

Replies

• gsokol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey esquire,

You might find more people who are looking to do this type of work in the Requests section.

Also...I played that B Cubed game for like....15 minutes...that game is addicting.
  • esquire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks mah man. I will post it there as well. My biggest set back is programming right now and so I figured I try asking some of the awesomely talented free agents on this side of the forums.

I'm heading to bed but I am going to type up a proper art contest post with some descriptions and ideas.

Thanks again for the link!
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    I don't get your involvement in the making of that game if you are already looking for a coder and artist to do the work for you with a payment of $50-$200 and a some word on profit should it ever enter the app store and make a penny.
    No matter how I look at it even the contest idea- it does not look serious or realistic to say at least.
  • tristamus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tristamus polycounter lvl 9
    Damn...that game is addicting!

I wish you the best of luck.