Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Comicon challenge Invicigirl

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
Hello all. I've decided to enter the comicon challenge over at game artisans, but those guys are way too nice, so I'm posting here to get some biting critiques and maybe some dick jokes or something.

I'm doing a genderbend of the character "Invincible" here's my progress: (it's still in it's beginning stages)
aa.jpg
ab.jpg

Some refs for the character, plus my quick concept:
66147988.jpg
invincible72.jpg
__myconcept_web.jpg

Replies

• Vailias
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    My main critique/question is on the costume. Why the bare upper chest and shoulders with the terminating headscarf? Just seems like a combination of uncomfortable bunching and wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen. Maybe connect the two bits with some blue fabric from the sides along the shoulders? Coil even make a deeper cut for more cleavage if that's a design you're wanting.
  • Baddcog
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    Because it's Huat?

Looks pretty good at quick glance
  • Torch
    Online / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Wish I could draw/sculpt chicks that well - good going!
  • Shiniku
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias wrote: »
    My main critique/question is on the costume. Why the bare upper chest and shoulders with the terminating headscarf?
    Because it's typical of comic-book females to show a lot of skin? Sure it would be uncomfortable, and wouldn't make much sense. But the same can be said for the bright colors and tight clothing most male superheroes wear as well... it's just the style, man.

Anyway, made some progress, doing some detailing, still got a long ways to go.
    __prognew.jpg

Also, I'm a bit undecided on something. Should I leave the fabric on the chest ridiculously tight and form fitting, or should I have it kind of stretching across, or maybe somewhere in between?
    __boobchoices.jpg
  • Steve Schulze
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    I'd prefer the more natural fabric of C, or more specifically like what you've got in your concept art than the sprayed on look.
  • Razgriz
    Offline / Send Message
    Razgriz keyframe
    Yeah, I agree. And I know I mentioned this to you the other day, but at least with something like C, it helps define the material a bit more, so you actually think that she has clothes on. My only issue would be that I think it makes it less believable as to how it doesn't slip off her chest.
  • Shiniku
    Offline / Send Message
    More stuff done!
    High-poly nearing completion, but crits still welcome.
    _finalhighprog1web.jpg
    _finalhighprog2web.jpg

I think I'll probably just lose the helmet hair and start working on some plane-hair. Always been a weakness of mine. Any links or advice in that department would be appreciated.

Here's some progress on the low-poly.. let me know if anything looks funky.
    wireframeWIP1.jpg
  • Shiniku
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's the lowpoly wireframe
    ___2.jpg

And here the lowpoly is with textures applied.. still a WIP. Hair is going to be redone.

_invincigirltexturewip1.jpg

Marmoset is being weird and causing some errors where her skirt is see-through sometimes in some places.. so ignore that for now. Or tell me how to fix it if possible.