Home General Discussion

ArenaNet Class of 2012 Internship Program

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
Swizzle polycounter lvl 15
I know there were a lot of people around here who only heard about the last one of these after the fact and were pretty sorely disappointed, so I figured they'd want to know about it.

CLICKY FOR LINKY
ArenaNet is once again considering internship applications. ArenaNet Class of 2012 will offer the following disciplines: Character Art, Environment Art, Technical Art/VFX, Animation, and Programming. Please consider the following application methods below, and make sure to include all necessary materials.
Program Features
  • Small cohort. Work and learn with a small group of motivated interns.
  • Professional environment. Hone your skills at the ArenaNet studio working side-by-side with top game industry artists in a dedicated work space.
  • Meaningful work. You’ll work on a variety of important art assignments that contribute to the success of the company, not “grunt” work.
  • Broad training, relevant skills. You’ll receive training in a broad variety of skills rather than specializing on creating specific content. We want our interns to emerge from the program as stronger all-around artists, not as experts in creating eyeballs or helmets.
  • Hourly stipend. You will receive a $14 per hour stipend and will work in the ArenaNet studio Monday through Friday for the duration of the year-long program.
  • Pacific Northwest location. Enrollees in the ArenaNet internship program will be expected to relocate to the Bellevue, WA area at their own expense. Bellevue is in the beautiful greater Seattle area, which offers a wide range of cultural and natural activities.
  • Interns are welcome to participate in ArenaNet University, our internal program of classes and workshops presented by experts from our studio and guest speakers from the game and entertainment fields.

The ArenaNet Class of 2012 Internship Program is not an internship-to-hire program. We’re not guaranteeing jobs to any intern in the program, but you will emerge from the program with an arsenal of professional skills, an incredible portfolio, and an invaluable experience under your belt.

CharacterTest2011_2-600x434.jpg

CreatureTest2011-600x506.jpg

EnvironmentTest2011-600x222.jpg

Even if you're currently not interested in trying to live in Seattle on a $14/hour stipend, it's still a really good source for a professionally concepted character design brief. I may try my hand at one of the characters myself... just as soon as I finish my other personal projects. :D

Replies