Home General Discussion

Seattle Eastside Sketchgroup

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
jocose polycounter lvl 11
Hey All

So a few years ago, after one of the polycount meetups, a few guys and I started a sketch group. of local PC members. It was a fantastic chance for us all to share our goals and objectives in a non judgmental environment. We learned a lot, about not only ways of working, but ways of thinking as well.

Topics and discussion usually ranged from drawing to 3D art and everything in between, but mostly centered on drawing and its role in our lives as 3D artists.

Over the past few years people moved away, got jobs and got busy. I recently had to stop hosting them because I got so busy at work, but now I have some more time and wanted to check and see if any potential new members might be interested in dropping by once a week to sketch, discuss ideas, share work, and socialize.

I want to underscore these aren't parties though, the goal here is to learn and to draw. I don't buy drinks or anything we don't play games or watch movies. Although your welcome to bring anything you want so long as it isn't a major distraction.

Also I have a HUGE assortment of DVDs (gnomon and others) and books on all sorts of digital an traditional art related subjects. So we have lots of option and things to go over if anyone is so inclined.

In the past I hosted these on Friday at around 6 or 7pm. I am willing to do it at some other point during the week though if anyone is interested. We can also consider a different location as well, perhaps a Starbucks or something that's closer to all interested parties. Nothings set in stone at the moment.

So if your interested please post here and let me know.

Oh and just so you all know I'm located in the Jaunita Area of Kirkland (short distance from Digipen, Warner Brothers, and Amaze entertainment)

Replies