Home Technical Talk

SmartQuads for 3ds Max 2008+

smartquads.gif

Smart Quads will help you on your everyday modeling task by making it more enjoyable.

Here are some of the benefits you get:
  • Create Faces fast without a struggle.
  • Produce better results in less time with the less amount of effort.
  • Model at lighting speed.
  • New features will be added along...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_o2ZzYxAMo[/ame]

http://remusjuncu.com/maxscripts/

Replies

• Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
  • DEElekgolo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DEElekgolo interpolator
    Suddenly everyone and their mom is making max scripts and charging for them...
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Why not! If its worth it it's all good!
  • r_fletch_r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r_fletch_r polycounter lvl 9
    pior wrote: »
    Why not! If its worth it it's all good!
    Yup and perhaps it'll help someone get through college or pay some bills.
  • RappyBMX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage wrote: »
    looks awesome
    r_fletch_r wrote: »
    Yup and perhaps it'll help someone get through college or pay some bills.

That's the point... anyway after i finish college and get a good job all my scripts will be free... so after an year + (time spend on finding a job)...
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    ONTOPIC: Nice script, just one question, is there a problem with the link? I was trying to share it on my Facebook/G+ account, but couldn't for some reason.

OFFTOPIC:I think what DEE means is that simply too many people all of a sudden are releasing Max scripts which cost money, when they do too little to late, and would have been free a few months ago.

Rappy does have an excuse (College fee's and such, so instead of mowing the lawn, he's helping out artists like us, and he even said, free release once he gets a good job), but you guys do have to admit that there are too many scripts going for money when they don't really add much to the workflow (once again, please note not in Rappy's case, I'm talking about other scripts, you know which one guys).

Compare the current situation of Max-Scripts to one of a few years ago, like PolyBoost. We got a custom baking mapper as well warper, a set of quick selections, new modeling tools, a boosted set of UV's tools, and transformation tools, integrated under $150 in C+. Now a days, we have $77 small script which 'helps' us render 'better' in VRay.

So yeah, I can see where DEE is coming from definitely.
  • monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    Great stuff Rappy. I wish I was making making tools this useful with I was still in school.
  • Sage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sage polycounter lvl 19
    I think as long as the script is useful people will buy them. Rappy is doing nice work.
  • Delerium
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel wrote: »
    ONTOPIC: Nice script, just one question, is there a problem with the link? I was trying to share it on my Facebook/G+ account, but couldn't for some reason.

OFFTOPIC:I think what DEE means is that simply too many people all of a sudden are releasing Max scripts which cost money, when they do too little to late, and would have been free a few months ago.

Rappy does have an excuse (College fee's and such, so instead of mowing the lawn, he's helping out artists like us, and he even said, free release once he gets a good job), but you guys do have to admit that there are too many scripts going for money when they don't really add much to the workflow (once again, please note not in Rappy's case, I'm talking about other scripts, you know which one guys).

Compare the current situation of Max-Scripts to one of a few years ago, like PolyBoost. We got a custom baking mapper as well warper, a set of quick selections, new modeling tools, a boosted set of UV's tools, and transformation tools, integrated under $150 in C+. Now a days, we have $77 small script which 'helps' us render 'better' in VRay.

So yeah, I can see where DEE is coming from definitely.

If you don't think it will benefit your workflow why would you download it if it was free then ?
    And why should he release his stuff for free that he have spend alot of time on, there should be no excuse to charge for the work you put in.
  • RappyBMX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel wrote: »

should work with no problem :| does it give you an error !?

@monster & @Sage thanks guys :)

@Delerium totally agree :)

also new price: $10 :>

also little update... http://remusjuncu.com/maxscripts/
    added rappatools2 also.. will upload source code for it as soon...

should rename the page to scripts... so i can upload my ScreenShooter and BambooSwitcher...
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    Oh, you're putting all in one place, it works corretly then. I was thinking each script had it's own page, so was confused when it pointed to ~maxscript.