Home General Discussion

Hello Polycount!

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
maatin polycounter lvl 7
I´m new here at polycount and i thought i´d introduce myself!
My name is Martin, i´m 26 years old and live in Sweden.
I just got accepted to a digital gaming school where i will be studying game art for 3 years.
I´m a total noob on both 2d and 3d graphics but hope to learn alot and get as good as i possible can.

right now i´m working on my first character. I will post it in "pimping and previews" as soon as it´s ready

Replies

• MeintevdS
    Offline / Send Message
    MeintevdS keyframe
    Hey Maatin and welcome to Polycount.

as for:
    I will post it in "pimping and previews" as soon as it´s ready
    The best idea is to post it up BEFORE you finish it, this way people can give you ideas and tips on how to improve and you'll be able to use those on your current model rather than keeping them in mind for future projects (risking the chance of forgetting them, by doing it once you'll increase the chance of your remember it)
  • rawkstar
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 18
    Welcome time traveler
  • Cexar
    Offline / Send Message
    Cexar polycounter lvl 6
    I suspect that it's DSU in Skövde. If that's the case than work hard and don't get fooled by sideprojects like after school gaming and the student bar shit. Takes alot of time and usually not worth it. Unless if you're a total introvert... than just maybe... Don't be stupid, do your work...

Tl;dr: Welcome!
  • MartinH
    Offline / Send Message
    MartinH polycounter lvl 8
    Hi!

I've been around Polycount for a while now and i should introduce myself too.

My name is also Martin, and im 33 years old and i lived in sweden.
    When i was 21, I got accepted to a digital gaming school where i studied game art for 3 years.

I was a total noob in 2D and 3D and hoped to learn alot and get as good as i possibly could. Back then i was working on my first character and i did post it here on polycount and got great feedback.

Seriously, this is like...me, 12 years ago, posting now. Surreal! i sense time and space ripping apart!
  • maatin
    Offline / Send Message
    maatin polycounter lvl 7
    Cexar wrote: »
    I suspect that it's DSU in Skövde. If that's the case than work hard and don't get fooled by sideprojects like after school gaming and the student bar shit. Takes alot of time and usually not worth it. Unless if you're a total introvert... than just maybe... Don't be stupid, do your work...

Tl;dr: Welcome!
    Thanks!

It´s Digital Games,Blekinge Institute of Technology in Karlshamn.
    I don´t think i will have the time to do non-school stuff anyways,
    I have a 6 months old daughter at home :)
  • Renaud Galand
    Offline / Send Message
    Renaud Galand polycounter lvl 19
    Martin, you broke the Space-time continuum !

doc_brown-full-1.jpg