Home General Discussion

Transformers 3 : Dark of the moon

Replies

• Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    dunno what has or hasnt been mentioned in this thread, but here's the pickle ive got with this movie.

i did not like the 1st or 2nd, just because they were just.. a movie. its not that i hated them, there was just nothing appealing about them after a first watch. this one however was different. i really liked that they ditched most of the comedy (especially the ghetto robots), and the action was pretty good. despite the millions of content errors in the movie, it was entertaining nonetheless. as far as plot goes it was good, but predictable. id give it a 3.5/5.

also.. i still think that 90% of michael bay's budget went to paper. almost every single shot in Chicago had billions of sheets of paper just flying around. and it made no sense in that one shot there was nothing, but then the camera does a 180 and shows them running in slomo from the front with paper falling from above them. for the most part it was all blank paper too (i tried to see if there was anything on it.. for the most part there wasnt). paper on fire, paper in boxes exploding, paper falling from buildings.. SO MUCH PAPER!
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Hey Rv, huge respect for you!

I know I won't enjoy the movie therefore I am not going to waste my money on it, and I totally agree with your points. Great post.

I know I'll enjoy fast forwarding through the action scenes whenever the movie gets released as rental or Netflix - I just don't feel the need to see it NAOW for 10+ bucks, because I know I'll feel like wasting my time and money.
  • Renaud Galand
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Renaud Galand polycounter lvl 19
    Calabi beat me to it but yeah, nice patronizing tone indeed, rv_el.
  • The Mad Artist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Mad Artist polycounter lvl 13
    I don't really see how rv was trolling..think you guys are being a wee bit too sensitive.

2 movies in, same director, same cast, same producers, and if you read even a few reviews of it online I think you'd know rather you'd enjoy it or not. It was pretty obvious that this was going to be more of the same, but on a larger scale with a slightly more consistent story than TF2.

Anywhoo
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Made sense to me. I think the world would be a much better place if more people voted with their wallets.
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    I like consistency.

The one flying robot flew after some civilians and did not miss a shot, they all got killed. But, the american soldiers on the other hand... Other than that, this movie was great when it had robots on screen. the more people on screen the worse the scene was.

On the fighting and robots this film delivered but it could keep the other shit for another movie imo. in another movie I would like to see the Japanese guy and Dutch :)
  • TomDunne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDunne polycounter lvl 18
    rv_el wrote: »
    Must be nice to have that kind of cash. We should be friends. You can pay for my movies.

It IS nice to have that kind of cash. I make so much money that I've started stuffing my pillows with $100 bills - the $50s just weren't fluffing up the way I like. Still, I should share the wealth. Send me your address and I'll hook you up with tix for a few dozen showings of Human Centipede. Be sure to let us all know how you enjoy the free movies, friend.
  • rv_el
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rv_el polycounter lvl 18
  • rv_el
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rv_el polycounter lvl 18
  • rv_el
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rv_el polycounter lvl 18
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ace-Angel polycounter lvl 12
    TomDunne wrote: »
    It IS nice to have that kind of cash. I make so much money that I've started stuffing my pillows with $100 bills - the $50s just weren't fluffing up the way I like. Still, I should share the wealth. Send me your address and I'll hook you up with tix for a few dozen showings of Human Centipede. Be sure to let us all know how you enjoy the free movies, friend.

Dude, not funny. My grandpa was killed by a pillow stuffed full of 100$ bills, but it did pay for the funeral.
  • JohnnySix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnySix polycounter lvl 16
    I could never figure out what the robots actually transformed into most of the time during this flick.

It seems they spend most of the time undisguised, and did the robot that crash landed on the moon in the 50's really transform into a fire-truck from the 80's? :o

It'd be nice to get some kind of print out with the robot + disguised version to have as reference when watching a second time, found it really hard keeping track of which characters where what. :poly141:
  • Entity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Entity polycounter lvl 18
    Pretty sure Michael Bay said fuck it after the first movie when asked about the transformations.
  • rv_el
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rv_el polycounter lvl 18
    I remember on Transformers 1 there was a really cocky interview with him where he openly expressed (like going out of his way) that he doesn't know what any of them are. he doesn't know one transformer from the other (cant blame him. HAHA! j/k)

So yeah. He no care. $_$
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/blog/article/218393/michael-bay-steals-from-his-own-film.html

I don't see this as being that bad, more funny/interesting, if anything.
  • vargatom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnySix wrote: »
    It seems they spend most of the time undisguised, and did the robot that crash landed on the moon in the 50's really transform into a fire-truck from the 80's? :o

They can scan anything and rearrange themselves to transform into that thing. The old robot probably scanned the fire truck when he arrived to Earth.

And ILM cheats the hell out of the transformations anyway.
    Ever noticed that while Bumblebee has pistons and break discs and struts and headlights and such, you still don't get to see
    - steering wheel
    - front windscreen
    - front or back seat

I mean these pieces are kinda big parts of the car, pretty important too, so they should show up somewhere, right?
  • vargatom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas wrote: »
    I don't see this as being that bad, more funny/interesting, if anything.

They had to re-use footage because there was a big accident at the shooting and they were unable to film everything they've planned to. An extra got hurt so badly she's permanently disabled on one side, some cable got torn and cut into her head...

But then again no website cares about that, it's a better piece of news that Michael Bay's lazy.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Holy shit that's terrible.
  • Mrskullface
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • A-N-P
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A-N-P polycounter lvl 6
    Watched this movie on night of release and thought t'was awesooooome..
  • Snacuum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snacuum polycounter lvl 9
    As a big fan of the whole Transformers universe, I found this movie quite fun and enjoyable, I came out of it pretty happy. (Then again I'm known in my circle of friends for having bad taste)

As a Transformers fan, the more I think about it though, my feelings for the movie are pure ambivalence. I have not experienced a movie in a while that simultaneously makes me feel good and bad at the same time. There more I focus on particular elements I find myself thinking: "Well that bit was good, but that one was bad, and that was good, but that was bad."

ARRRRRRGH
  • Josh_Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh_Singh polycounter lvl 18
    It was mindless and fun and had tons of explosions. And it was quality.
    It was the pure form of what that type of movie is supposed to be. (especially in Imax 3d)
    Michael Bay has Mastered the art of the Michael Bay Movie.
  • Cheez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bumblebee
    Tickling
    John Malkovich

What more needs to be said ?
  • ScudzAlmighty
  • Ace-Angel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, clearly Transformers was a movie about political stagnation and how the lower middle class is being oppressed by the bourgeois class, while at the same time seeking their approval.

As both parties come to a stale capitalistic head-lock, here comes the revolters, who bring in chaos and destruction, while claiming to be siding with certain party and that their agenda is peace and equality, until that is another party comes and and throws out the former anarchist, bringing in order, showing that we humans need to sacrifice our freedom through oppression, even if it means losing something we cared for through our petty ways.

Once that is done, we see order isn't our nature, and resume hooliganary, and bring back the anarchists from before, who are even somewhat happy that we suffered and saw us die, and now are ready to help bring in a new regime.