Home Technical Talk

Double Transformations Problem

Hi guys,

I'm learning rigging in Maya and have run into a problem and hope someone can help.

After getting to the point where I am now weighting my mesh, I decided I had better add my rig to a global move control. After doing this, I discovered that my rig is experiencing double transformation when I move or scale the global move group shape.

drift.jpg

I've been reading up on double transforms and how to fix it. All my clusters are in their own group etc. I can't figure this one out. I'm sure this is a well known problem. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Cheers!

Replies

• rumbox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I just solved my problem. For the sake of any other noobs who might find the solution useful (because I know that googling solutions from forums often don't include a solution): The spine's IK spline curve was parented to the controls group. This meant that any transforms to the global control doubled the transforms on the spine. Un-parenting this curve will fix the issue.

Cheers.
  • polygonfreak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I always answer my own questions too... I feel smart and dumb at the same time.
  • rumbox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I hear ya. I think I benefited a lot more from figuring it out myself. Such a simple solution that's obvious once you spot it. Plus, I havn't posted here in a while, so at least it got me off my arse and back onto the forum. :)