Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Steam Brigadier and accessories

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Desert-Island-Designs polycounter lvl 7
Hi - heres some of the blocking in for a steampunk character called the Brigadier and his equipment and accessories - I may well dump daily pracitce sculpts in here too -

The Tactical Combat Pistol - a secondary weapon with a 2 handed 6 shot mode or standard 2 shot with arm support -

230139_10150238132017053_567682052_8803209_1326894_n.jpg

The blocking in of the Brigadier -

205573_10150219520187053_567682052_8606096_232478_n.jpg

C and C welcome

Replies

• chrisradsby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    That's a pretty cool design, it has potential. Right of the bat I feel like that hands and feet should be bigger. But you might want to confirm that with someone else as well. ^^
  • Desert-Island-Designs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks chrisradsby - a suprising amount of people have mentioned that - but worry not they are there to use as a guide for the sculpt and uniform - Im just working on the boots now and his hands will be gauntleted and a little something extra too ;)

Think of this as a concept in progress - I have some solid ideas but other things are developing as I go along.

The pistol was thrown in rather roughly and is a little (125% of desired size) bigger than I meant it to be - but need to go get supplies for a modeling session and itll do for now.

A little booty call - 230151_10150243383477053_567682052_8860070_8348022_n.jpg

C and C welcome
  • Daven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daven greentooth
    Jumanji36.jpeg

I say ol' boy, good work.
  • Desert-Island-Designs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks suburbbum - needless to say I love the pic - Ill have to check that for refs.

Quick change of tac for a second - environ piece - a heavily damaged column from a set of ruins - more engravings and damage layers to come...

207508_10150224638157053_567682052_8660890_260425_n.jpg

and an update of the TCP pistol -

230153_10150242321107053_567682052_8852837_3365027_n.jpg

C and C welcome
  • Scizz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scizz polycounter lvl 11
    this looks great! is the pistol your finished low poly??
  • Desert-Island-Designs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Scizz - not quite yet - Ive got a few additions to make yet which rely on the uniform for attachment so Im on hold till thats brought upto speed. Then Im going to take it to ZB for sculpting then come back and see how much more needs adjustments - might give topogun a go on this as Ive not tried it yet.

Update on the Column - Gratz and Kudos to Steve Goad our lead conceptor for Warcry - Extermination on his wonderfull art - LINK to FB

221814_10150228135617053_567682052_8701388_3256864_n.jpg

C and C welcome
  • Desert-Island-Designs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update on the HP for the column - prety much done for now - off to make the LP and bakes then get back to the Brigadier and his kit -

229155_10150235435542053_567682052_8780594_7363242_n.jpg

C and C welcome
  • Desert-Island-Designs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quick update of the column - heres the LP at 2k and normal map with lightmap acting as texture base -

file.php?id=864&mode=view

C and C welcome

C and C welcome
  • Desert-Island-Designs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quick update on the start of texturing - heres the base diffuse and justadding in some details - the detailswill be complimented with a normal map pass once finalised - the environ it fits into is a temperate clime -

screenshot42smaller.jpg

C and C welcome
  • NAIMA
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NAIMA polycounter lvl 14
    Very beautyfull column ....
  • dang87
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dang87 polycounter lvl 12
    That column is looking pretty cool. Any tips or tricks on how you went about creating the damage?
  • uncle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Very cool stuff indeed. Request minituts:poly136:
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    Love the sculpts!
  • Desert-Island-Designs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys - much appreciated - Id be more than happy to post a bit of a mini tut in a day or two, its a simple process realy - model it clean and unborked, morph target it then go crazy smashing it to pieces using different layers, ( well beyond what we see here) then pull it back into shape using morph brushes - Ill try to get some screens and a better explanation next post.

The last texture shot was a sketch texture - it got passed so I gave it a proper pass and its in engine for testing - the plants and vines etc to go with it are on another texture sheet to avoid alpha/culling issues and are being tested also - heres a quick in game test video - keep in mind the environ around assets will have a worn and dirtier look along with scrub and plants around the bases - [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljYxwFu4LAI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljYxwFu4LAI[/ame]
  • Desert-Island-Designs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry for the delay in updates on The Pistol and Steam-Brigadier but Ive been rather busy and not found the time Id like to spend on him easy to come by.

I have moved him on and will post progress soon but in the meantime heres some Speed-Sculpt stuff Ive been doing - mostly 2 hour projects intended to help me explore certain tools and functions in ZB - theres a fledgling blog for those interested which Ill link in signature after this post -

SS-001-130711.jpg

SS-001-140711-femalehead.jpg

SS-003-140711-CyberBoyAKAGoggles-002-final.jpg

Ill post a few more later and hopefully have both a Steampunk update and an update on the Environs - an Altar to go with the previous Column/Pillar.
  • Desert-Island-Designs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Speedsculpt using a mesh I made with shadowbox and whos concept is owned by Rebellion Developments Ltd 2010 - the 'Ulysees Pistol' ; to test some techniques out - its still in the blocky barely trimmed stage here but Im only about 30 mins into todays Speed Sculpt -

SS-28-07-11-SteampunkPistol-Ulysees-HS.jpg

SS-28-07-11-SteampunkPistol-Ulysees-HS-02.jpg

C and C welcome.

This is as far as I took the Speed Sculpt of he 'Ulysses Pistol' - Ill probably finish it up outside of the time limit - ( more like 4 hours this time ).

Now to get some Steam-Brigadier and Warcry stuff done and posted.

SS-28-07-11-SteampunkPistol-Ulysees-HS-04.jpg

C and C welcome
  • Desert-Island-Designs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Back to the Steam-Brigadier

Started to home in and progress the leg straps/webbing and pouches, and to sculpt the trousers into a more organic form - still a way to go and many more straps and details to add.

SB-001%253DpouchesnStraps.jpg

C n C welcome
  • Desert-Island-Designs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Todays Speedsculpt just to lighten the mood - thanks to the original concept artists that created this - ChainsawDroid.

schoolgirlzombie.jpg

Mostly a test of how usefull basemeshs made from ZSphere are - and Im happy to continue using them for some things after this. Then lots of standard brushes, some std some Dam and some my own to carve detail then smooth it all back down and polish to get the effec I was after. The boots and Skirt are realy just placeholders anto save her modesty and where made using topo.

SS-ZombieGirlsLegs.jpg

C and C welcome.
  • Desert-Island-Designs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Back to envrons - this is the prety much complete basemesh for the Altar - now ready for ZB sulpting to turn it into a ruin.

283292_10150338192902053_567682052_9753963_2399823_n.jpg

C and C welcome