Home General Discussion

Section 8: Prejudice

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
PatrickL polycounter lvl 9
Just picked this game up from the Steam store. Incredibly fun MP game. I haven't even tried the SP or COOP modes yet, simply because MP is such a blast. It's like Battlefield 2 and Tribes had a self-produced baby. My biggest complaint after about 6 hours of solid play time is the fact it uses GFWL.

To learn more about the game, check out this video that convinced me to buy it: http://youtu.be/4AB51xrqp9s

Anyone else playing? Add me on GFWL under "Solanatum", and we'll do a Greentooth squad!

Replies

• daphz
    Offline / Send Message
    daphz polycounter lvl 13
    I bought the original Section 8 on PC at full price right after it came out and I LOVED it. but the servers were deserted (save for bots) soon after that. So I definitely want to check this out.
  • Neo_God
    Offline / Send Message
    Neo_God polycounter lvl 18
    From the title I thought this was about the trials and tribulations of low income housing.

It does look fun though, the sort of thing you can just jump into for half an hour. I was about to make a comparison to tribes, but after looking into it, it seems to be a pretty common comparison on the internet. This a good thing in my opinion.
  • DDuckworth
    Offline / Send Message
    DDuckworth polycounter lvl 6
    That's a good one Neo_God, what I got from the title was that section 8 (the original) had some racist/prejudice content within it that someone had discovered, like a prejudice version of the hot coffee mod haha!
  • CheeseOnToast
    Offline / Send Message
    CheeseOnToast greentooth
    daphz wrote: »
    I bought the original Section 8 on PC at full price right after it came out and I LOVED it. but the servers were deserted (save for bots) soon after that. So I definitely want to check this out.

Me too man. I think the initial complexity threw a bunch of people off. The new one is essentially the same with a layer of polish and a single player mode that pretty much works as an extended tutorial. Hopefully this'll help. So far, in game comments I've seen are really positive, along the lines of "How is this game only $15 !?!!!!?".