Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[FIGHTER] Killer Instinct, T.G Combo, Cmcisaac

Whats up im gonna be doing combo from killer instinct not sure what ill change yet, but ill post my base mesh soon.

Replies

• cmcisaac
    Hey heres an update since its only one month till the end ill try and update more

30cax55.jpg
  • cmcisaac
    Heres an update still working on body.

updateapril23.jpg
  • cmcisaac
    heres some work on his other arm still early

roboarm.jpg
  • TorQue[MoD]
    Offline / Send Message
    TorQue[MoD] polycounter lvl 19
    Looks really nice actually. Love the idea of giving him a cybernetic arm... really give him that one punch champ feel :) Though I would suggest integrating it as a full arm replacement rather than just at the elbow. Make it looks more powerful if its integrated at the glenohumeral joint and has support structures that integrate into the spine and back.

Don't know what you're planning to do with the body as it just looks normal so far, but I'd suggest integrating cybernetic parts all over... a window into his chest would be awesome! Like Roboto from MOTU but showing his guts instead of gears. http://www.google.ca/search?um=1&hl=en&biw=1920&bih=955&site=search&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=MOTU+Roboto&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

Also his nose makes him look like a white guy. His septum is too narrow and pointed. And why would he have an eye patch if he could just get a cybernetic replacement? Its kind of cool, but it doesn't seem to make sense with the overall character.

Otherwise its awesome and I can't wait to see how he progresses!
  • cmcisaac
    playing around with zbrush renders may be a little blown out but this is pretty much where the face is at

updateheadapril24.jpg

TorQue I might rethink the eye patch but i wanna keep somthing over his eye
  • TorQue[MoD]
    Offline / Send Message
    Definitely looks much more like a black man's nose now :) Did you actually change it or was it simply the angle of the zoomed out screens?

Yeah I know what you mean, trying to give him character and show that he's had some hard times as a fighter... just not sure that an eye patch works for the overall character. A Boxer with an eye patch would be pretty much useless and eye patches always say to me Pirate or Soldier. Maybe just a really huge scar showing that he ALMOST lost his eye? Or you could always take a chunk out of his ear :P

Do you have a website man? I'd love to see more of your work.
  • kendo
    Offline / Send Message
    kendo polycounter lvl 18
    Nice work, a few crits i would elongate the face a tad, smooth the corners of the mouth and bulge out those neck muscles.

From a conceptual standpoint i notice 2 things firstly i see you have gone with a robotic arm which is a different take but he was a boxer perhaps keep the robotic element but look to make it appear like a hes still wearing boxing gloves. Secondly to keep in line with the futuristic feel maybe change the eye patch and go solid snake on him.

Keep up the good work.
  • cmcisaac
    Heres some more work on the i think its lookin better now

armwip.jpg

torque: ya i did change the nose and the lips a bit, i might try a cyber netic attachment type deal on his eye

kendo: ya those neck muscle look a tad weird i ll bulk em up in my next update, as for the arm his fist gonna be pretty big so i think itll give off that feel

• MikeTraczJr
    WOW! lookin good man, i really like style you took with the cybernetic arm, good weight and proportions to give it a human feel. i cant help but feel like the hands don't have quite enough to them tho, maybe some plates on the knuckles, or even metal spikes, something to beef them up a bit.

as for the rest of the model, i'm liking the anatomy so far, the face is mint, not sure about the eye patch, if your looking for alternatives maybe something that goes over his eye that serves as a HUD kind of like a scouter from DBZ, or something of the sort.

cant wait to see how you tie in the arm to the rest of the body.

Looking forward to your next update!
  • TorQue[MoD]
    Offline / Send Message
    I think what Kendo was thinking is that in being a boxer, you'd still be required to wear gloves... it would sell the character as a boxer more obviously. Unless you're also changing him into more of a pit fighter or something?
    I like Kendo's idea of doing something more like Snake has when he's older... and occular type deal rather than an eye patch. Its kind of a blend between cybernetic implant and eye patch.

As for the arm, for some reason I liked it better in the original form... the way it was more smooth reminded me of a beefed up version of the robots from i-robot. Now its a little too wide in the deltoid area and the forearm looks too short.

No website portfolio? You already working in the industry then?
  • cmcisaac
    Torque: no i dont have a website atm, currenty just working on a portfolio to try and land a job, i think ill definitely try like cybernetic attachment type deal

updatedeath99.jpg

heres a test of what he looks like with the arm on, the arm still isnt done and i still gotta do some stuff on TJ too, but this should give an idea where im headed, its still pretty messy, i plan on having wires and stuff going into his neck right now i basically slapped it on
  • corinne
    Awesome arm! Really loving the giant screw in the shoulder :D . Something on the pecs looks a little off, I think his nipples should be a little higher? Nice job so far though, keep going :) .

As for a website just throw some stuff up on a site like carbonmade: http://carbonmade.com/. Your stuff looks pretty good so you probably can throw together a portfolio site real quick.
  • cmcisaac
    Heres some work on the hands still needs more work

handsupdate.jpg

Corinne: nips are differently off ill fix em soon tho
  • TorQue[MoD]
    Offline / Send Message
    Very nice looking, although the amount of muscle on the guy is starting to make him look like the incredible hulk. I know TJ was pretty damn big, but you're doing insanely big and extremely ripped which doesn't look quite right in a realistic sense. I actually liked it before when his muscle had less detail. The current muscle looks awesome, just for another character. In fact even looking back at your original design, I think he could even use some toning down from that... mostly in the abdominals and forearms. Oh and corinne's right about the nipples being way too low.

I'm actually liking the cyborg arm more now that I see it on his body... If you widen all the fingers on the hand to make it look more like the size of a boxing glove it'd be great. Maybe even only 3 fingers on the cyber hand. In fact, that's something I just realized... he's a boxer but so far he's got one cybernetic arm and nothing on the other... are you dropping the boxing gloves all together?

And let me know if you need help putting together a website portfolio... I've been a freelance designer for a few years (http://www.burnabywebsitedesign.com) and although I'm actually quitting this month, I'd love to help you put a good site together, you definitely need to get hired :)
  • cmcisaac
    Hey Torque i wanted to make him feel very big like around 8"0 in height and extremly built so thats why im making him look more like the incredible hulk, Ive tested what he looks like with legs and im pretty happy with it, im going for more of an Overtkil from Spawn type physique, im also gonna redo the cyber hand area alot aswell, the other hand ill prolly just wrap in bandages.

Thx for the offer, right now I'm just building things up to actually put on, all my stuff is WIP atm and the stuff that is finished im not happy with, i set up a CGsociety portfolio awhile ago if u wanna see my old stuff, but i won't be putting any of that on my new portfolio. Heres the link CGsociety Portfolio
  • TorQue[MoD]
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm still thinking even if you're trying to go with the Overtkill physique he just needs to be slightly toned down... not severely but just a bit...
    http://www.wrestlingkingdom.com/hulkhogan/hulk_hogan.jpg
    Something in between Hulk Hogan and what you have right now.

So no boxing glove at all? You should try making the cyber fist look more like a glove.

Yeah I know what you mean... I was doing the same thing (updating my old work) but I lucked out and just got hired to work with a local indie developer so the portfolio is on hold now.

Love the Mr. Freeze and Mysterio but you are definitely better now than when you made those. Lizard guy is cool too :) Offer still stands though... info (at) torquemod.com send me an e-mail when you get things ready.
  • kendo
    Offline / Send Message
    kendo polycounter lvl 18
    That is a huge improvement nice work, i would raise his nipples like corinne suggested and also lengthen the forearms as well
  • cmcisaac
    Ya nips deff need a lift the fore arm might look weird cuz its in orthographic so might appear a little shorter but i could probably do it a little.
  • MikeTraczJr
    Looking Great!, i love the massive feel of the arm. cant wait to see what you do with the connection between the arm and the body.

also, i kind of disagree with torque on the physique and his bulkiness, i feel like the original was meant to seem quite muscular, especially if you consider the comicbook drawing.

hope you have enough time to finish!
  • cmcisaac
    Heres update on arm, lol no way im gonna make the deadline now.

armupdate03.jpg

MikeTraczJr: thx man
  • Cordell Felix
    Offline / Send Message
    Cordell Felix polycounter lvl 9
    He looks badass man. I love this version of him!!
    Great modeling on the arm
  • TorQue[MoD]
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, after MikeTraczJr posted the link to that Comic, I totally take back everything I said about him being too buff! Holy crap he's huge.
    I was basing my critique on this image: combo.jpg

Like that you added the plate to the back of the hand... helps it look more like a boxing glove. Any chance you could humor me with adding a glove to his other hand?

You've got 3 days Isaac, you can do IT!

Oh, and make sure you give him the stars and stripes treatment when you throw some clothes on him!
  • MikeTraczJr
    Looks Great man! love the new finer details on the arm, the new plate does make it look more like a boxing glove, Maybe a paintover on the other hand to see what it would look like with and without a glove.

times runnin out! i hope u can finish, or else it looks like you might have to bring this over to pimping and previews for us to see the finished result.
  • cmcisaac
    ya ill have to finish it in p&p i didnt want to doit in 12k tris anyway
  • TorQue[MoD]
    Offline / Send Message
    Darn man! Was totally hoping to be able to vote for you!

Well, it'll probably turn out a lot better now though if you're not rushing.
    I did a quick photoshop job to see what he'd look like with a glove and cybernetic eye...
    tj_glove.jpg
    of course the perspective on the glove is wrong cause I couldn't find one from a side view, but I think it'd look good. Might even be cool to leave the straps from the eye patch in there to make this look like its a futuristic eye patch :)

This is the image I used for the eye patch...
    http://www.torquemod.com/cyber_monocle.jpg
  • cmcisaac
    Torque: Thx for the paint over really appreciate it, i think ill make a patch something like that but i might try and build it into his head, the boxing glove i dont think it will work well with my new update but i can try it i was gonna try and do hand wraps and see if that works, ill do em both and see which one fits better. i also think i need to fit some cyber stuff by his rib cage to fill it up more but i dont know we'll see.

updatemay06tjcombo.jpg
  • cmcisaac
    heres some more render added some nicks too
    render02may06.jpg