Home Artists Looking For Work

Spiral Game Studios is expanding - May 2011

We are expanding!

We are a relatively new independent games developer / start-up working on a brand new game series called 'ORION'. The game is targeted for release on all major digital platforms and a multiplayer beta is coming in the next few months.

ABOUT ORION: PRELUDE
ORION is a retro-inspired game series built on classic fundamentals that we have grown up on. It brings fast-paced gameplay into a class-based team shooter world. It then throws all of this into a blender coupled with Mechs, Jetpacks and Dinosaurs. You can learn more about ORION at:
http://spiralgamestudios.com/games

may_hire001.jpg

may_hire002.jpg

may_hire003.jpg

ABOUT SPIRAL GAME STUDIOS:
We are currently housing over 20 ridiculously brilliant minds. Through hard work and immortal deadlines we are now able to bring even more souls in to our halls. You can learn more about Spiral Game Studios at:
http://www.spiralgamestudios.com

SO WHAT POSITIONS ARE OPEN?

(1) Technical Artist
(1) 3D Weapons
(1) 3D Vehicles
(1) 3D Environments
(1) Audio - Music Composer
(1) Audio - Sound Effects
(1) Animation - Weapons
(1) Animation - Cinematic
(1) Video - Editing & Effects
(1) Design - Graphics

WHAT ARE SOME GENERAL GUIDELINES?
-You must be awesome.
-You must be awesome at what you do.
-You must love dinosaurs.
-You must attach a resume and work samples to your application.
-You must have (at minimum) partial social skills.

SOME IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW:
-This is compensated work.
-While it is compensated, we are a new indie / start-up so rates are probably lower than what is considered the "industry norm".

SOME MORE INFORMATIVE BITS:
Digital Paint Software - Photoshop & Zbrush
Modeling Software - 3D Studio Max 2010
Animation Software - 3D Studio Max 2010

Please send all job applications to:
jobs@spiralgamestudios.com

Use the job title as the email subject.

Replies

• Nester818
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi my name is Nestor Chavez and I have been a 3d modeler for 6 years with 2 years of game industry experience.I have done various freelance gigs such as prototyping for investors, visualization rendering, game character modeling,animation and modeling in general for games.I am interested on the job position, please visit my website http://www.wix.com/nestor_c/nestord3dmodeler and/or contact me at nestor_c@yahoo.com.Thank you for your time and have a nice day
  • Praz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The following positions have been filled:

(1) Technical Artist
    (1) 3D Weapons
    (1) 3D Vehicles
    (1) 3D Environments
    (1) Audio - Music Composer
    (1) Audio - Sound Effects
    (1) Animation - Cinematic

We are still actively searching for:

(1) Design - Graphics
    (1) Video - Editing & Effects

We are always looking for passionate and talented individuals. If your job is not listed or is said to already be filled we ask that you still send in your resume - we look at every single one.

Email all applications to:
  • Praz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quick update. Some haven't responded back to initial emails. These are the following positions that remain open / that we are scouting out for.

(1) Technical Artist (UDK / UE3)
    (1) Audio - Effects
    (1) FX - Particles
    (2) Level Designer
    (1) Video Editing & Effects
    (1) Animation - Weapons
    (1) 3D Weapons

If your position / skill isn't listed we still encourage you to send in your application as we go through them all manually.

Please send all applications (attached with your resume and previous work samples) to:
  • BlvdNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BlvdNights polycounter lvl 8
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    Never mind
    I wished I had people who wanted to work on something of mine they would have got all the money! Now anyone looking to do something has to stuggle good going.
  • Praz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    We are pleased to announce that we have formed an agreement with Valve through the use of Steamworks on our first studio title, ‘ORION: Prelude’. We will be making the most of this addition and have already started integrating it into the title.

Steamworks.jpg

Confirmed Steamworks Features:
      Achievements Leaderboards & Statistics Downloadable Content Lobbies & Matchmaking Server Browser

MULTIPLAYER BETA
    We will be using the Steam services to launch the PC Multiplayer Beta later this year. We cannot talk too many details about a few things quite yet - including the Beta. However stay tuned and details will poke their heads through the holes in the coming months.

SGS_May2011_001a.jpg

SGS_May2011_002a.jpg

SGS_May2011_003a.jpg

“THE FLAG RUNNER”
    OFFICIAL GAMEPLAY VIDEO
    Just to prove how busy we have been, we have broken our pact. While you are not supposed to see ORION: Prelude for at least another 4 months we just had to make a new video montage of a recent internal pre-alpha game build to celebrate this news. Enjoy what we are calling “The Flag Runner” video.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdttMLE-0rc[/ame]

This video depicts roughly 90 seconds of gameplay from an internal match. It showcases the Carrier Marines (humans) going towards the Altair Warriors (aliens) base and attempting to grab the flag. The action that follows is extremely typical in an ORION: Prelude match. We hope you enjoy!

WHERE HAVE WE BEEN?
    As I am sure you all have noticed we have been rather quiet lately. We’ve been over our heads busy with internal deadlines as well as constantly improving the game build.

On top of this we are still doing plenty of work relating to our prescences at both GDC 2011 and PAX East 2011. We also recently announced that the KickStarter gifts (for all of you fancy contributors) will (finally) be shipping soon! Things are hectic to say the least - but in a very, very good way.
  • Praz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Updated job listing. (05/12/2011):

(1) TECHNICAL ARTIST (UE3 / UDK)
    Freelancer (Per-Product)

(2) 3D ARTIST - WEAPONS
    Freelancer (Per-Product)

(1) 3D ARTIST - ENVIRONMENTS (Organic)
    Freelancer (Per-Product)

(1) 3D ARTIST - ENVIRONMENTS (Hard Surface)
    Freelancer (Per-Product)

(1) ANIMATION - WEAPONS
    Freelancer (Per-Set)

(1) EDITING - VIDEO & EFFECTS
    Freelancer

Please forward all applications to:

Must include:
    -Resume
    -Portfolio / Samples