Home Technical Talk

Unwrap UVW - Soft Selection?

martynball
polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
martynball polycounter lvl 10
Hey, for some reason when I go into vertex mode when using the Unwrap UVW modifier, and select a vertex, the rest of the element is selected :S

This stops me from using snapping to align two of the same mesh to the same co-ordinate's

3joWv.jpg

As you can see the other vertex's are selected, although they are not fully red like they would be if "Select Element" was on. They just have a red border.

Replies

• Bryan Cavett
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bryan Cavett polycounter lvl 19
    You have the soft selection option turned on. You can see the check box in the bottom left of your screen shot in the uv unwrap window
  • martynball
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    martynball polycounter lvl 10
    Oh yeah, thanks. I never noticed that checkbox even though I did look through all of them options. Dammit. :P
  • Noors
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Noors greentooth
    edit : i was offsubject, sorry juste woke up -_-

I let this tho, coud be useful.
    So, if you ever use the sofselection, also check the "UV" radio button instead of "XY", or it will take on account the position of your points on the 3d object.
    With XY on, you influence points that are close on the mesh, but not necesseraly on the unwrap.
  • Calabi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Calabi polycounter lvl 12
    Thats one thing that annoys me with all this software they are so complicated you can never remember the options you've switched. And there in places all over.

There should be an easy way of calling up all the options that have been changed.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If only they had some way of reloading default settings...

3dsmaxUVEditorDefaults.jpg

Now before you flip out and call me a dick, I totally agree, it would be really cool if there was a way to highlight (without changing) what has changed, it would be even more awesome if they could color code it so the most recent things changed show up in red and the older stuff shows up in a cooler color.

It would also be great to be able to toggle this mode on and off, because after you get used to the tools and it all becomes muscle memory a feature like that would be more annoying than useful.
  • Calabi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Calabi polycounter lvl 12
    I know about the defaults but I dont think you need anything that drastic. I was thinking of just a popup menu with a list, because sometimes you have things changed within menus, you may not go there often, but may not realise the setting is affecting your program in some way.