Home Technical Talk

Unity 3D: Diffuse Normal and specular?

Okay, so I've imported my mesh into unity 3D, but how do I apply all 3 textures to that model?

I only see options for Diffuse/Normal or diffuse/ spec only.
I've googled and everything -.- it might be something simple but the materials dont allow slots for all 3.

Anyone?

Replies

• Mik2121
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mik2121 polycounter lvl 9
    Choose Bumped Specular or something like that. Forgot the name, but anyway, that's what you need.

You have to keep the specular on the alpha of the diffuse though. I don't think you can use 3 slots for that on the default Unity3D shaders.
  • commander_keen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    commander_keen polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah the default unity shaders kinda suck, theres only single channel specular. You can make your own shader that supports 3 channels or use my shader editor or the other free shader editor (which I think also supports 3 channel specular).
  • Acid.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah the default unity shaders kinda suck, theres only single channel specular. You can make your own shader that supports 3 channels or use my shader editor or the other free shader editor (which I think also supports 3 channel specular).

The models look so ugly on stock shaders, and the normal map is barely noticeable.