Home General Discussion

Free 3D Models (most iPhone spec)

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
Polynurb polycounter lvl 15
http://www.facebook.com/fatBOXSoftware

Follow the link above to access the links to the first group of 10 or so models.
You will see a section on the left side navigation panel that will say "3D Models (Download Link).

I've started gathering up models I've had sitting on my hard drive over the years. I've decided to start sharing them free of charge, with the community of developers. I will be adding in groups over the next few days, I do have quite a bit of city and roadside props to pull up and post. All models are in .OBJ format to ensure maximum portability to your 3D app, and each one has the UVs already laid out, feel free to tweak as you wish. Please use these models with or without credit to me, I am releasing them openly to the general public for unlimited commercial and non-commercial purposes.

It would be cool if you shot me an email some time to show me how a model has helped!

Replies

• Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    That's most generous of you, sir. And the models in question look quite respectable.
  • Habboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Habboi sublime tool
    Always nice to see people giving with no credit required. However I hope that those that do use your work at least acknowledge you in some form.
  • Polynurb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Habboi, Yeah I am giving them away no credit required....but I always put in there that I'd like to see an IM or an email and maybe some screens of how it was used. That's really just out of pure curiosity and for me to see new life to some of these assets I've seen sitting around for a while.

Update today: A near final revision of the main menu title screen. This is the background plate for the main menu. Other elements will be interchangeable elements overlaid in 3d within the Unity game engine. Javascript events will allow all necessary menu and button behaviors, transition sliding, etc.

Splash_Screen_Background_TEST.png
  • JKMakowka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JKMakowka polycounter lvl 18
    That is very cool, I wish more people here on Polycount would open up their archives :)

BUT, I don't have a facebook account (nor do I plan to get one), so maybe it would be possible to upload the models on www.opengameart.org (the CC0 license would apply I think)?
  • Polynurb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I’ve completed the modeling of the first driveable vehicle! Now on to texturing! I overshot my 1200 triangle limit by about 30 tris. During alpha I will more than likely be trimming the polygon counts for models and the environments to help with performance, so I’m moving forward.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGk3zLA_DNg[/ame]
  • Polynurb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Guys I hope you're subscribed because I put up about 15 new models today! I even added in new thumbnail previews so you can see the file (textured or not) before you decide to download it!

Here is a preview of the models I added up today: (BTW will not allow me to embed all of the images here...gives an error about too many images in the post)

Bugatti_Veyron_Screenshot.pngMitsubishi_Eclipse_Screenshot.pngCity_Bench_Screenshot.pngHighway_Divider_Screenshot.pngRanch_Style_Home.pngSpeed_Limit_Sign_Screenshot.pngDigital_Road_Sign_Screenshot.pngShipping_Container_Screenshot.pngRoad_Closed_Barrier_Screenshot.pngBeretta_M9_Screenshot.png

http://www.facebook.com/fatBOXSoftware
  • makecg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    duddde your awesome thank you !
  • Polynurb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tree_Pack_Screenshot4.png
    Tree_Pack_Screenshot1.png
    Tree_Pack_Screenshot3.png
    Tree_Pack_Screenshot2.png

I added up some new free assets this morning....I thought I would share the tree models and textures with the community in here. They are generally mobile spec, but could be reduced most definitely. If you look into the assets you will see a new Pine Tree LOD set that I've put up as well. It actually consists of a LOD0 model (hero/closeup) and an LOD1 (far off on the mountain)...the LOD1 is really a side render of the LOD0 (rendered with alpha channel) and then that alpha texture applied to about 4-8 planes of geometry. It's a neat technique and I used it on some of my work on the Wii with great results. These are 4 screens of some trees, but I uploaded other assets such as a Pine Tree and a neat looking Victorian type Lamppost model/texture. I hope folks enjoy!

As always follow the link to access the models: www.facebook.com/fatBOXSoftware
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    Polynurb wrote: »
    Shipping_Container_Screenshot.png

Yea, you probably have a thread in pimping and previews, but I saw it here. Change or obscure that name on the container. Unless you got permission from Hanjinn for having in game. I had to make fake names/icons for items in our RC Car game.

(Still love Belly Buster Burgers)
  • Polynurb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well I don't have it in game anywhere fortunately, so absolutely no commercial purposes for any of these assets. The texture file is a PSD too, so the logos are really just placer, anyone can swap it for any logo of their choice to be honest. This isn't in any game or commercial product, the container was actually an educational exercise. I'm not going to sweat it unless the company presents me a cease and desist order or something. Thanks for looking out though :)