Replies

• sirnaut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • robioto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    robioto polycounter lvl 18
    This looks fantastic, can't wait for a release!
  • solar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    solar polycounter lvl 18
    This is fantastic renderhjs!
  • RappyBMX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    so what's the word on this renderhjs ? looks interesting...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I found this page before the holidays and have been checking back frequently hoping for the x64 release. Any news on this renderhjs? Looks like a fantastic piece of scripting.
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    nah moved to australia for work not long ago and there is to much awesome stuff to do here first. So that basically kills most of my free time atm. Like almost every weekend I try to put in some time for stuff like this but then there is always some event.

My last gripe with it was that the x64 versions and vista/win7 forced me to use a dotNet implementation of embedding the SWF (flash) interface into max. But its hardly or not at all explained so far and dotNet is pretty much searching in the dark for me. So I got some stuff working but its not perfect.
    Like sending signals from 3dsmax back to flash is not yet solved (wanted to have that for reading out shortcut strokes and some other update stuff). The other way around is just fine (dictating from flash to 3dsmax) and I can send variables to flash on launch but not after that from max to flash.

And so I think it would need some more time researching and asking around on boards to get that part done and then finally quickly craft something that just works without all the crazy ideas. And then from there eventually continue adding features like spinners, sliders and other input controls than just buttons.

But hey there is hope from someone else :D
    http://boards.polycount.net/showpost.php?p=1062157&postcount=45
    commander_keen wrote something very similar with just maxscript which has more or less the same concept except relying on MZP as much as I do.
    I hope he releases some of his stuff soon just to check it out myself.

TexTools meanwhile (the reason I started this) got a recode of the GUI with max again, its not super flexible but easier for me to maintain and more stable. TexTools 3.0 has a higher priority and I hope to release it sometime this month.

But if you are really interested dev wise I can share code, I mean after all so far this has been more of a research project for me.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No worries renderhjs, that sounds like a good enough excuse to me :)
    I've only recently started diving into maxscript more and this is the kind of thing I would like to work toward myself.

Thanks for the link to the other post too btw:thumbup:
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    At first I was really hyped today after finding another person trying to archive the same tech or script stuff I was after with this:
    http://eddycg.wordpress.com/

sliders.jpg
    But then I discovered that he used the activeX embedding method in maxscript which doesn't work anymore with 64 bit operation systems :( even I came that far. I have a version with dotNet working but it can't send data back from maxscript to flash in a prober way. But maybe I have more luck with this recent dotNet inspector in Max:
    Show-Net-Properties.png
    http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scripts/show-dotnet-properties
    it might make things easier for me to understand in the difficult world of dotNet in mxs. So maybe I'll have a re look at things sometime this year.

edit: Someone hinted to me that the swf control of dotnet is in the COM components of dotNet.
    cubevfx wrote:
    swf player is COM Components,in dotnet
    Will have to check that out.
  • eddycg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi,

Thanks for your comment on my website.
    And you work is completely AWESOME.

How did you create you flash UI with dotnet?
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    Okay super awesome news :D

I got contacted today by this Chinese maxscript guy that mistook me for another chinese maxscripter because I was helping out once in a Chinese board with the help of a Chinese friend of me (she translated all the messages for me so I could explain some stuff regarding TexTools).
    Anyway he was really shy and not really writing much at first but after we adjusted booth google translate we had actually a very interesting discussion.

It turned out that he knew all about dotNet in Maxscript and so I asked him to help me out with this.
    And after like 3 or 4 minutes of exchanging files he gave me back a maxscript together with 3 compiled dotNet and DLL's to embed Flash Player 10 movies in 3dsMax and to communicate back and forth between the 2 - fucking awesome!!
    dotnetswffiles.png

His website is:
    http://cubevfx.blog.163.com/
    its all Chinese but that guy knows his stuff in dotNet and maxscript.

Anyway this means that finally the MZP RUcksack project can go on for 64 bit and future 3dsmax versions and 32 bit as well. I will post a wrap up of how everything works (maxScript and AS3 side) with the required components to run it so that others can play around with it as well.
  • Nysuatro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This becoming an amazing topic. Damn
  • Nysuatro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update on this ?
  • sebi3110
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah; I'd also like to know how this topic progresses!

@renderhjs
    If you can embed flash sliders in 3dsmax now, could you make interfaces based on flash for controlling modifiers in 3dsmax.
    For example thumbnails for morphtargets?
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    Sebi3110:
    yes all possible the thing though that keeps me off this is that Adobe won't develop anytime soon (not within the next 5 years or so) a 64 bit version of the Flash Player. And no 64 bit support means death to me as I do not want to work with a 32bit Max version.
    Having 64 bit support is important because whether I embed the SWF using dotNet or the InternetExplorer engine (which supports 64bit) I can't embed a 32 bit plugin in a 64 bit application environment.

Adobe even canceled the 64 bit development for Linux which means that they have no plans to release anytime soon a 64 bit version at all.
  • RappyBMX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    is there a way to remove ./scripts !?

how to set another zoom state from the start !?

also see screenshot :) x64 :> guess you can get back to this !? :poly121:

also what did you used to make the icons !? only photoshop !?

would be nice if the zoom level could be set by right click or something like that... and instead of zooming with scroll, actually scroll trough the list...
  • RappyBMX
  • renderhjs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    renderhjs sublime tool
    well it is still developer preview :(
    IE 9 final got out today booth 32 / 64 bit, max uses the IE for certain dotNet controls - so I can't do anything till Adobe releases a final 64 bit activeX plugin for the IE 9 64 bit. I might have a crack then again at it, get basic stuff working and then release as soon as possible scripts and sources for the hack. What I have right now to this day only works in 32 bit max versions, but not the one that matters: 64 bit (which most use here I assume).
  • RappyBMX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplatformruntimes/flashplayer11/

flash player 11 beta...

64-bit support — Support for 64-bit operating systems and browsers on Linux, Mac OS, and Windows.