Home Technical Talk

3d Max Object

So down below I attached all of those object together. You can see the outer border selection box is on an angle. Is there anyway to reset it where it's perfectly symmetrical with the grid? Thanks.
Selection_question.jpg
Zack Dembinski

Replies

• keres
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    keres polycounter lvl 12
    Reset the pivot. Go to the Hierarchy tab (I think) of the right panel, and hit the "affect pivot only." It is the very first button. With the rotation tool active, right click on all the spinners at the bottom of the screen containing rotation values.
  • Nemlet17
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks keres for responding. That did work to some extent, the only problem is I'm trying to apply a Bend modifier to it. When I apply it the Gizmo takes place of the white outer box so it's on an angle. I have to manually try to set it perfectly symmetrical with rotation. I was wondering if there was any way to reset it perfectly so it's straight horizontally and vertically within a few clicks.

Zack Dembinski
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yep what keres said is right. You can also do a reset xform (the utility not the modifier) then collapse the stack.

There are times you might not want to reset xform because it can screw up the objects local pivot making it hard to edit the object later or like when someone doing some rigging wants to use the objects local pivot. But as long as you're find with the pivot being reset its fine.
    ResetXformPivotProblem.gif
  • Nemlet17
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you Mark (thank you for the .gif too). It's all cleared up now, woo hoo. On with thy project.

Zack Dembinski