Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[W.I.P] RK-MP121

Hey guys..... was working on a small SMG for a small demo game i am working on with some friends..... C&C are welcome :) thanks

ocn6f15m25ahuwnc9a9.jpg

s1meayyuzi1rj3uwn4w.jpg

aspifw6hx1920nmmppjb.jpg

9z8534bz7ek7i9qsrw8b.jpg

Oh and the design is mine..... i was not straying for perfect mechanics.... i wanted something funky for the game.... C&C are welcome thanks

Replies

• Kiser Designs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kiser Designs polycounter lvl 12
    First thing that stuck out to me was the area behind the grip. It seems out of place
    ncb2lc60r1lbcf9qhm48.jpg

I would rethink that part, it dosnt link together well and seems just thrown on. Also the angle on the front of the trigger guard is very sharp and seems weird.
    Can you post wires? I know you said this is your own design, but what are you using for reference? The proportions towards the front of the weapon seem off.
  • Norron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Norron polycounter lvl 13
    The reversed magazine looks really odd to me. I don't think I've ever seen a real weapon that has a magazine with an angle like that and it's making the whole gun look fake.
  • Rock Bottom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey.... here is my Reference.... i have no drawing pad so the proportions ARE off... so i tryed to fix them by eye...
    9aq5co7lw121vbuzisbl.jpeg

will post wires on my next update :D thanks for the crits.... i was not very happy with the aim on the barrel...
  • Cooljay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Try to use some real life reference when modeling non existent weapons or to get realistic looks. I'd say try modeling the grip similar to an MP9

ruger_mp9.jpg
  • Mr-Jigsaw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The straight magazine from the reference looks a lot better than the reversed MP5 mag. You could also add some detail to the receiver by making the safety ambidexterous and adding some fencing at the edge of the magazine well.

But there is one weird issue with your design: the chamber, as depicted by the AK-styled ejection port and bolt handle, is way above the barrel. You'll need to either raise the barrel or lower the ejection port. Sure, it could work like that if the ejection port is simply high, but it'd be a waste of space(seeing your design lacks a gas tube, it's only the ejection port keeping the whole top half of the gun there, it'd be full of empty space) and probably throw brass pretty far, liable to peg your own guys to the side of you.
  • Rock Bottom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys.... here is a little update....

v0x442cypfqd5zbbv6g.jpg

8rb78yq9s42sd8oup1dl.jpg

nzhvq1iye7i2z75s5zc6.jpg

wqqcaqecpqtk6s3kvtwh.jpg

h9piim2qze3oeigcpfa.jpg

mnvkd2ljq67oaifu22f.jpg

iwcm6ctm8h3ukp1yj.jpg

e9f1xl7q0tji4s3bwaaz.jpg

C&C Are welcome... i did consider all the C&C given to me before... so this is what i changed... i am still fixing the aim.... i am making a EOTECH aim for the weapon and see how that fairs out.... any more C&C are welcome thanks guys :D oh and sorry for the yellow lines on the side if the images... :poly122:
  • Rock Bottom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Any comments?? :)
  • iuli4n
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the magazine looks like it should be a bit bigger in thickness. like the slot in which it enters is way bigger than the magazine. sorry but english isn't my first language.