Home Technical Talk

Handheld 3D Viewer - Beazel

Hey guys. First time posting on here but I am a regular viewer of the handheld thread.

I was just wondering if any of you guys/gals have some suggestions for my Final Year Project at University. I am planning on creating handheld versions of current gen protagonists. For example Nathan Drake from Uncharted and Kratos from the God of War series. After producing the models I plan to skin them ready for animating. Hopefully I can then animate these characters and then display these animations on a Nintendo DS/PSP/iPhone. I plan to have a few idle animations and then some attack/run animations and possibly more.

The main issue I am finding at the moment is finding an engine/model viewer to put my Handheld models into. I managed to get The Flash onto the DS already by using "DS 3D Viewer".

Anyone know of a good engine/viewer able to display real time animations? I am more leanient towards the PSP and the Nintendo DS at the moment. A Lecturer mentioned looking at UDK iOS but after reading online you need full licensing before it fully does what you want with it.

Here's a few renders of some Handheld Uni work so far.

theflashdetailsheet.pngtheflashrendersheet.gif

frankpresentation.jpg

Replies