Home General Discussion

MASTER Laptop Thread

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
Seriously guys. Why start new ones every time and get into the same arguments had before? Or good information being lost? We have one MASTER thread. This is a placeholder thread for such. Hopefully admins/mods see the wisdom in this and move recent threads into here to keep information in one place.

Replies

• PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    Wouldn't it make sense to just have one 'computer buying' thread, instead of being exclusive to laptops?
  • thatanimator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thatanimator polycounter lvl 6
    yeah!

make a sticky telling me what parts to buy!!

(been thinking about it.. not saying I will just because you make a sticky! I don't owe you nuttin' maaaan)
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz wrote: »
    Wouldn't it make sense to just have one 'computer buying' thread, instead of being exclusive to laptops?

Well by that logic we should throw netbooks into it as well. No, I personally believe laptops come up often enough and are distinct enough to have their own thread.
  • PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    So a sticky for desktops, one for laptops, another few dozen floating around for netbooks...don't see splitting it up like that as a good idea.
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    We need threads for micemats, monitors and wacoms as well. :P
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So are you agreeing with at least the idea of combining even if we dont agree to the extent of the combination? Or are you just pulling my leg and want every single person to have their own threads? Because they don't bother with searches and see some of what they want to ask has been covered before.

Because if we are going to play that game, I can play it just as well as anyone else.
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    I was pulling your leg a bit... :)

I think we need more than one thread to cover all hardware talk but I wouldn't suggest clogging up the General Discussion section with stickies.

We need a Hardware section on these forums. Its one of the most important parts of digital art and the games industry. Hence the large ammount of threads being created concerning hardware issues, etc.
  • greevar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    greevar polycounter lvl 6
    Stinger88 wrote: »
    I was pull your leg a bit... :)

I think we need more than one thread to cover all hardware talk but I wouldn't suggest clogging up the General Discussion section with stickies.

We need a Hardware section on these forums. Its one of the most important parts of digital art and the games industry. Hence the large ammount of threads being created concerning hardware issues, etc.

I agree. A hardware section would be great. Then it can be broken into sub categories like Desktop, Laptop/Netbook, GPU, and Misc. (e.g. tablets, displays).
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maybe a sub forum under Technical Talk? What say ye oh mighty ones?
  • JohnnyRaptor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnyRaptor polycounter lvl 15
    just create a general hardware thread and put it all in there, maybe mods can organize top content in the first post.