Home Technical Talk

Editable poly NURMS switching off?

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Psyk0 polycounter lvl 18
In max 2010, is there an option to always have editable poly NURMS active (not the modifiers but sub object)? Recently it started switching off when i deselect the object. I dunno if updates caused this or i hit the wrong key by mistake, but i'd rather have it on all the time.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• keres
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    keres polycounter lvl 12
    How are you enabling NURMS? I select the object, right click, and from the menu hit "NURMS Toggle" which is the very first option in Max 2011. I don't know if your problem is exclusive to 2010, but there's a chance enabling NURMS in a different way could fix it :)
  • Treacharous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I toggle NURMS through graphite modeling tools, never had the problem you are speaking of though.
  • Psyk0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Psyk0 polycounter lvl 18
    I've always used ctrl-m to turn on/off, i believe that's the default shortcut. The problem is not with turning it on or off, but the way it's being displayed in the viewport, strangely enough when i turn on the wireframe i see the subd version appear, selecting the object turns it on again.

I found a way to fix it by displaying hidden edges, i dunno wtf is up with all these glitches i'm getting but if this keeps up i'm gonna revert back to max 9! XD
  • Psyk0
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Psyk0 polycounter lvl 18
    For anyone interested, i traced back the bug to hotfix 2009.09.22 It also caused a glitch in hardware shading, realtime shadows and AO display in the viewport.