Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First Game Asset - Image Heavy

Hey All!

This is my first totally complete game asset that I would like to post on here for comments and critiques.

It's a revolver losely (very losely) based on the Colt 45 found at this web site:
http://www.uberti.com/firearms/cattleman_matching_set.php

I modeled it in 3ds Max 2011 and textured it in Photoshop CS5

It's 549 Polys

Renders
side.jpg
corner.jpg

Wire

wire.jpg

UVs Completed

unwraped.jpg

Normals

norm.jpg

Texture

text.jpg

Spec

spec.jpg

Replies

• Cap Hotkill
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cap Hotkill polycounter lvl 13
    The metal looks all right, Some old Pistols where Tinted by putting them into ovens and then dropping them into Oil to tint them. what he needs to do is clean the borders to define more the shapes and get more details on the textures, right now it looks like if he just dropped textures on on the gun.

Can we see your High poly Model?
  • ziikutv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ziikutv polycounter lvl 9
    The metal looks all right, Some old Pistols where Tinted by putting them into ovens and then dropping them into Oil to tint them. what he needs to do is clean the borders to define more the shapes and get more details on the textures, right now it looks like if he just dropped textures on on the gun.

Can we see your High poly Model?

I agree.

Also, that blue cheese puke can be just sort of those cammos (who would put one on a revolver though)
  • vinnie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was using the reference as a guide for the texture that had that look... I also liked that look but everyone has their own opinion. :)

Here is the high poly:

high%20poly.jpg