Home Technical Talk

3d max - I cannot see vertexes in object

Normally when I select choose selection -> vertex I see vertexes in blue, when I select some of them, they are red.
But sometimes I cannot see any vertexes (in blue and red). why?
How could I fix it?

Replies

• fr0gg1e
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fr0gg1e polycounter lvl 17
    Go into vertex sub object and look for unhide all in the commands below? Let us know if that did the trick.
  • Revel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Revel interpolator
    That's a common graphic card rendering Max viewport problem. I assume you were in single viewport view, correct? Just turn to quad viewport view (alt+w) and back to single view again (alt+w), that's should fix the problem.

_Revel
  • leechdemon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leechdemon polycounter lvl 11
    "Show End Result" will hide vertices if there are no other modifiers on the stack. A lot of the time I have Symmetry/Turbosmooth applied, so I toggle Show End Result with a hotkey I bound, often without realizing it. Sometimes I do this to a new Editable Poly without modifiers, and freak out when I can't unhide them.
  • Firebert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firebert polycounter lvl 15
    I've also found (thanks to MoP!) that selecting all your verts, switching to the scale tool and then back to the move tool will correct this.

Like Revel said, it is a common viewport problem. Gets annoying for sure.
  • cman2k
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cman2k polycounter lvl 17
    Another situation where this can happen is if you have a directx material applied, and a very high-poly object.
  • GoSsS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GoSsS polycounter lvl 14
    leechdemon wrote: »
    "Show End Result" will hide vertices if there are no other modifiers on the stack. A lot of the time I have Symmetry/Turbosmooth applied, so I toggle Show End Result with a hotkey I bound, often without realizing it. Sometimes I do this to a new Editable Poly without modifiers, and freak out when I can't unhide them.

This is what I would have said ... Found this "bug" few months back.
  • [HP]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [HP] polycounter lvl 13
    leechdemon wrote: »

This almost always fixes it for me.

That or tap X.

Also, the alt+w and alt+w again fixes it