Home General Discussion

Back! London + Edinburgh

polycounter lvl 19
Offline / Send Message
adam polycounter lvl 19
We just got back from our 10 day trip to the UK and we had a blast. I fell in love with Edinburgh pretty bad - its the most beautiful city I've been too so far. I'm a sucker for age & history and it certainly has it.

We literally just got back an hour ago so I don't have any pics up yet, so instead here are some generalized observations and a picture of me all sweaty from the very top of St. Paul's...

• Scotland, very nice people. Almost 'Canada-nice' :P
  • Riding motorobikes between traffic is pretty cool.
  • The women in the UK are very easy on the eyes. Very, very easy on the eyes.
  • 3 pints for lunch before returning to work? Awesome.
  • In a single day I saw a Cage, Pollock, Monet, Dali, and Picasso. Only to then see a Maybach and Veyron just an hour later. My eyeballs needed a cigarette from all that sex.
  • The tube network is fucking insane. And I thought the TTC was busy.
  • I drank cider pretty much exclusively on my trip. Bulmers & Magners, draft.
  • Haggis, I love it.
  • Beans added to a typical breakfast? I don't love it.
  • One of our hotel bills from London (Luna-Simone) was $690 Canadian for 4 nights. The room was probably 150 sq. feet
  • The London Eye was awesome.
  • I tried to bite a guard for a picture, it went well.
  • We flew a total of 5 flights and a total of 25 hours.
  • The train from London to Edinburgh was beautiful. Uncomfortable as hell, but beautiful.
  • Edinburgh's 'Underground City' tour was a lot of fun, even just for the random history you learn along the way.
  • I did the bus tour of Edinburgh twice.
  • The 'new town' of Edinburgh is over 300 years old. Canada is 143.
  • Seeing so much history in a city contrasted against modern capitalism was depressing. It really made me wish for a time machine.
  • British Airways is, so far, the best airline I have flown on.
  • The coins you use for currency look so old that each time I reached in to my pocket for some money I'd smile or giggle as I felt like I just discovered treasure.
me_london01.jpg

Replies