Home Technical Talk

Ho do i $&"#)/% do this!!

sup mates i need some help on how to make the low poly of this

helpq.jpg

and baking it. please? this is not a planer with added in detail they are a bunch of boxes.

Replies

• CrazyButcher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CrazyButcher polycounter lvl 18
    holy smokes that kind of task never popped up here.

come on there is tons of information around here... show us that you at least tried yourself, and then when you run into problems come again and post the software used and so on.
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    Cant you just use a mid size mesh, export to 3d app and do it there? There's tonnes of info in the wiki on this.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Create box in the app of your choice, add cuts and deform as needed.

PolyDraw new topology over a exported copy of a lower level.

Use a conform script like Max ReTopo to conform the low poly as you build over the surface of the high.

Polycrunch, ProOptimize, Decimate and clean up as needed.
  • Rock Bottom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ CrazyButcher: lol have had a bad day so am feeling lazy :P

@ haidd: have been reading some things but they dont really show how to make a low poly

@ Vig: Awsome thanks man :D
  • SpeCter
  • [HP]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [HP] polycounter lvl 13
    If your lazy, just use decimation master, import the result into max/maya and optimize the mesh there.
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Its funny, at first I thought it was a joke or trolling but I think I understand now. I suppose you only ever used zbrush and thats it?

So, indeed there are a few things you can do inside zbrush that would get you close. But if you want to do a real lowpoly mesh for game use, with controlled geometry, you need to pick up and learn a regular 3D app.

- If you never used such an app before I would recommend picking up either Silo (very cheap) or Max (expensive). However, both have demos you can use for 30 days to get a better idea.

- look for regular modeling tutorials online, it doesnt have to be retopo-specific. The Joan Of Arc series is pretty famous and has some good things in it, plus its been converted for every app out there.

- then look at screenshots and videos of wireframe models to get an idea about the actual arganisation of your mesh.

- once you get familiar with the good old concept of polygon modelling, start looking at retopo-specific programs to give you extra power. 3DCoat, Topogun.

Dont hesitate and ask here for more advice. You'll be surprised by the efficiency and easy learning use of regular 3D apps compared to Zclusterfuck :P

Good luck!