Home Technical Talk

Help finding UVW Weld Selected hotkey

3ds Max 2010: My hotkey for Weld Selected in the edit UVWs window (Ctrl+W)isn't working. I can't find it in the customise UI to reassign a hotkey. Anyone know where it is?

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The problem I think you're having is that Ctrl+W also is set to a global max hotkey for Zoom Region Mode. You can either remove it from Zoom Region Mode or turn on Keyboard Shortcut Override which will override the global shortcuts with the sub-menu shortcuts. Its the button in the toolbar that looks like a up arrow key.
  • Playdo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks a lot Vig, you've probably just saved me a few hours of monotony this afternoon
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heh, yea KSO gets just about everyone at some point. Quite a few people I know bind KSO to a hotkey.

Personally I make sure all the shortcuts I use are unique (stitch, weld, flatten ect...) so nothing is doubled up. That's quite a bit more work, but if you do it once and save the keyboard section of the UI (I save it to my dropbox) you can load that into whatever versions of max your working in.
  • Playdo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good idea about Dropbox.

BTW I removed Ctrl+W from Zoom Region Mode but Keyboard Shortcut Override still needed to be toggled on for the Weld Selected hotkey to work.

I couldn't find Weld Selected (UVW) in the UI configuration. Is it there?
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have the KSO turned on all the time, but with unique hotkeys it doesn't cause a problem.

In the customize User Interface window set the "Group" (not category) to Unwrap UVW.
    Yea, don't get me started on the Customize User Interface...
  • Ott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ott polycounter lvl 13
    Also, make sure your threshold setting is high enough. If it isn't, attempting to Weld won't do anything at all. You can make it as high as you want under the UVW window, Options > Preferences > Weld Threshold. :)