Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] - SuPa-

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
SuPa- polycounter lvl 11
I'm mainly looking for critiques or suggestions for existing works or future models I could make, respectively. I still, sadly, have not made a "complete" character and I need to do so. On the other hand, I generally find myself unprepared/unmotivated when I try, leading me to think that I need to start with smaller projects (like props?)

I am, of course, nowhere near the stage of applying for a job. This is mainly to show to a college I'm going to apply to, George Mason, which has a budding game design program (and really, I think they expect students to have little game art background anyway). On a side note, does anyone here know anything about the quality of their program? I'm not expecting too much, but they have hookups with EA and at least I'd get experience/a degree.

Being a lowly student, I don't have my own site, merely a wordpress folio
http://jrigg.wordpress.com/
Thanks for any replies!

Replies

• Jon Rush
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Your sculpting looks great! I would love to see more game assets though... completed characters with texture sheets, etc...
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    You need completed pieces. Nothing looks finished, as in a final posed beauty shot with construction/flats. It all looks like wips in zbrush screen grabs.

Everything is a critter. Either some zbrush monster or part of a weird dude. Most games at least have one regular looking guy. Even sci-fi and fantasy stuff still has people usually. Also, women do exist.
  • SuPa-
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SuPa- polycounter lvl 11
    Thanks for the replies guys!
    Yeah, I'm completely aware that I need finished pieces. I just have trouble... finishing things. I'll try to work on getting a solid character churned out, I just need to keep my motivation up when working on it (and I probably need to start simple as well)