Home General Discussion

Inception

Replies

• moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    was amazing!!

and it wasn't in fucking 3d!!! thank god!
  • bluekangaroo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bluekangaroo polycounter lvl 13
    Am I the only one who didnt think it was that good? I reaaaaallly felt like a lot of their little 'explanations' were just convoluted excuses to justify letting Nolan do whatever the hell he liked and to get away with it.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    EricV wrote: »
    Am I the only one who didnt think it was that good? I reaaaaallly felt like a lot of their little 'explanations' were just convoluted excuses to justify letting Nolan do whatever the hell he liked and to get away with it.

You must be dreaming.
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    EricV wrote: »

I dunno man. I don't see a problem with that. I kind of enjoyed it. In whatever alternate universe the movie was based in, their technology was good enough to be able to pull off dream travel. Why waste time explaining in detail how everything works when there is so much stuff the audience has to keep track of already. I'm glad they just grazed how the physics of things work enough so we can get a good hold. For a ridiculous plot, I feel like I have a pretty good understanding on what was going on. (can't say the same for other movies....I'm looking at you Donnie Darko)
  • ErichWK
  • fearian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fearian greentooth
    I have been incredibly excited for this film since the first trailer started doing rounds and I was worried that I hyped myself up too much...

But then Inception went and blew me the fuck away. Its fantastically paced, giving you just enough information to understand what's going on while leaving you wanting for more, The concept is fantastically believable and yet bizarre. And oh god that fight scene. Its glimpsed in the trailers but I have never seen a fight that well done before.

One of my criticisms would be that the action feels almost redundant, waves of meaningless nameless mindless minions lets you know that the heroes will always win the fight. But when it comes down to the more one on one, two on one fight scenes (the hotel) you really get a feeling that everyone is desperately fighting tooth and nail for their lives, which is fantastic, but leaves the final dream layers 'defences' seeming like an easy goldeneye level.

This film may have edged out the matrix for a very specific place in my heart. Both films have vsome similar themes and I'm starting to think I liked inception more. Maybe I need to watch them again :P

finally, As an environment artist, Inception really spoke to me about the action of creating. Everything the characters adore about creating worlds from their mind, being able to make anything no matter how fantastical and amazing, are the same things I adore about level design.

love it, five stars, film of the year etc. :P
  • MartinH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MartinH polycounter lvl 8
    such an awesome movie!!!!!

Loved it, and i hope it's doing well out there. The movie industry needs more movies like this.

Oh and i loved predators too. Yeah that's right!

take that!
  • Nick Carver
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nick Carver polycounter lvl 10
    You had to go and spoil it...